Chapter 16 : You Shook Me All Night Long

She was a fast machine
She kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman I had ever seen~

She had the sightless eyes
Telling me no lies
Knockin' me out with those American thighs
Taking more than her share
Had me fighting for air
She told me to come but I was already there~

'Cause the walls start shaking
The earth was quaking
My mind was aching
And we were making it and you~

Shook me all night long
Yeah you shook me all night long~

The audience sang along with our version of You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC. Their hands waving in the air while swaying their body with the song.

Mace always wanted to play this song live. Dustin loved the guitar solo and he really showed his skills tonight. I could say it was always an epic comeback for us. The crowd really missed us with just how they were embracing our performance and cheering the band and even calling our names.

At the end of our performance, we played our original. It was the song I suggested to them to try and compose the song about the stars that I've seen from our camping trip. Caden was more than happy to make it and we chipped in a lot of ideas for it. I described the feeling I had when I stared at the night sky. It felt like I was connected to it. It was the first song we made as a band. Dustin was eager to play it tonight so we did. It wasn't our usual genre cause it was slow but we didn't expect anything more but relay our feelings to this song.

"Was that an original you just played?" Andrei suddenly appeared before us and bombarded us with his curiosity.

Dustin grinned. "Awesome, right?"

"Shit. That was amazing, man. It was emotional and you guys delivered it well." Andrei enthusiastically replied.

"Thanks for the really positive feedback, Drei. We didn't really expect anything. Dustin was just too excited to play this song." I said amused.

"I think I'm not the only one who thinks like that, Kai. Have you seen how the crowd reacted? Damn if only I could do more than just play the guitar." We chuckled at his remark.

"You own this club, Drei. Not everyone owns a club." We laughed at Mase's comment.

"Seriously though, I'm so thankful that you guys never get tired playing here. It's been what? Three? Four years? You four were still teenagers and now look at you all grown."

"C'mon, Andrei. No need to be so emotional right now. You still owe us free drinks." Caden reminded him jokingly.

"Yes! Of course! Drinks for my favorite band." We were laughing and being playful on our way to the bar. A lot of people from the crowd greeted us, congratulated us even and gave us compliments. We were in a roll tonight and in a mood for celebration. I even decided to get wasted with them. I'll just call Remi to pick me up.

On my third drink, a guy sat at the stool beside me. I looked at him and judged his appearance. He was too formal to be here. He was wearing a suit jacket with white shirt inside, no tie. He was still wearing a brown coat. He probably won't stay longer and just leave right away after a few drinks. He looks to be in his late twenties or early thirties. He was quite good looking. I looked away realizing I was already staring. I drank my liquid in one gulp.

"Jeez. Slow down, will you?" Mace commented.

I smirked. "I thought we're going to celebrate. We just played our original with a positive response. We're going to get wasted tonight, bitch."

Mace grinned. "Back at you." As soon as my glass was refilled, we brought it up and toasted. Our glasses clinked. I then started singing.

Let's live like we're immortal
Maybe just for tonight
We'll think about tomorrow, yeah
when the sun comes up~