Chapter 24

"You okay?" Drei asked beside me.

He stopped busying himself with work and joined me drinking. We stood against the counter of his bar, people slowly coming in filling his club with people who will probably regret drinking on a Sunday night.

I drank all the contents from the glass before answering him.

"Peachy." I paused. "How come you're still single? You practically have everything except a girl." I turned to him with a smirk.

"I know you're going to laugh but if and when I find the one, I want it to be all the way."

I snorted. "Like marry her right away?" The bartender gave us another set of drinks and I took it willingly.

He smiled, amused at our random conversation. "No, not right away of course. I just want to date her and be in a relationship at the right pace and time. But I don't want any break ups because I want to marry her."

"What if she's not the one? One of you messes up and it's impossible to marry?" I mused.

"Now you know the reason why I don't have a girlfriend. I'm picky with women, I admit because I just want to make sure that I find that woman who'll I spend the rest of my life with."

I laugh. "That really doesn't sound like you."

He joined my laughter. "I know." He settles himself and faces me. "What about you? You seemed to be so naive with Deon's feelings."

I frowned, keeping the silence for seconds. "Am I really the only one who didn't know his feelings for me?"

He drank his scotch and answered me. "Yes. Everyone can see how smitten he is with you, Kai. Everyone except you. How did it go though? You visited him in the hospital, right?"

I sighed. "Don't even remind me. Things right now aren't going well, Drei. I still have issues with my family." I drank again.

"Did you really not tell Dustin and the others who you really are?"

"I didn't. There are only two people who really knew my secret and that's my two best friends. Well, three when Keelan found out who I was."

"Oh, that boyfriend of yours who's head over heels for you." He grinned as he teased me. I just glare at him.

"Now, four, when I had to explain to you what I blurted out with that stupid manager." I rolled my eyes.

"You know you can always stay at my apartment if you have nowhere to go. You're welcome there, Kai."

I smiled. "Thanks. I'm staying with Mila for now."

"Well, if you need any help or anything, I'm always here. Call or come here. I'm always ready to help or your shoulder to cry on."

I smiled at him. "Thank you, Drei. You're already a big help right now. I really could use a company. Mila and Remi already did so much for me. I'm at a level where it's already embarrassing."

"It's a good thing you're here then, girlfriend." He said in a girly manner which made me burst in laughter.

I decided to go home when the club was already flooded with customers. I didn't know why but I suddenly felt suffocated at the atmosphere. I'm supposed to be used to this kind of scene. I guess I just wasn't feeling well at the first place. My head is still aching and so is my body. My throat's still hurting too.

I sighed while walking under the rain. I should've taken Andrei's offer when he wanted to drive me home. I didn't want to hold him back from his work any longer. I thought of stopping by at a cafe and drink a hot cup of coffee and get sober before going back to Mila's house. I thought of walking and sorting my mind along the way. I mean a lot just happened including this rain.