Chapter 26

Today is Avery's birthday. I asked Keelan to drop by the mall and buy her a gift when he came to pick me up at Mila's. I asked Mila to tell our professors that I'm still sick when in fact I was going to a birthday party. She was beyond happy for me when I told her Keelan and I are official. Rems and her yelled "finally" at the same time.

What's even annoying was the fact that they waited for Keelan to arrive, skipping our classes just to congratulate him, especially Remi since Keelan would talk about me with him. Mila said arrogantly that we should thank her for bringing us together. I rolled my eyes at that. I know, Mils, I know. I still have that two thousand dollars, proof of my winning. I was having second thoughts of buying that guitar. I kept that money instead cause we'll never know. Like for instance, being disowned by my parents.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Keelan put his arm around my shoulders as he asked.
"You have a huge family." My eyes shifted around everyone in the mansion. Avery sure has a lot of guests. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one of the few who knew why she made sure everyone is here.

"I know. Avery treats her friends like family. Come on." He holds my hand and drags me somewhere. I realized he was bringing me towards their huge garden where the rest of everyone was there. Avery waves her hand as soon as she sees me. Keelan excused himself when he found Ren.

"Kyree! Thank you so much for coming!" She sounded so excited and energetic. She then hugs me and I smile at her gesture. I gave her the gift I bought as soon as we let go.

"Happy Birthday, Avery." I gave her an ear splitting grin.

"Thank you!" Her eyes widened when she looked at the content inside the bag. She hugged me again. My hand went instantly to her back. Avery whispered something in my ear. "Oh my god. I can't believe you gave me this. I just got pregnant." I laughed. She then lets me go.

"My best friend suggested that. Everyone knows your husband is hot, Ave. She said your sexy husband would appreciate that. I think if she knew you are already, she would still suggest that. Well, if you're ready for another again, you can wear that." We both laughed.

"Honestly though, I do not own one that I actually bought myself. My girl friends were always giving me these kinds of things." She stated with humor. "Welcome to the club, I guess." I laughed again. "Maybe you can introduce me to your best friend and welcome her to the club along the way."

"Okay. Be sure to introduce her to Stefano, too. She's a big fan." She laughs.

It's true. I'm not even joking. When I told Mila that I just met Stefano Ranallo, I almost lost my hearing when she squealed. She told me one time that she admired how handsome he was. He was hot and was sculpted like a greek god. I forgot how detailed her descriptions were but I really thought she just admired him. Period. And when I told her everything, that's when I realized she was actually a fan of the gorgeous man. I have a little secret too, though, when I saw him, I think I might have a little crush on him for a few seconds.

All I could say though is that Keelan ruined that crush... utterly and completely.

"Really? I should start making a fan club for my husband, too." She giggled.

"Won't you be jealous that a lot of women are crushing over Stefano?" I asked in amusement. It felt like she didn't mind that her husband is very popular with the female species. "You have this alpha vibe going on with you." Avery smiled at my comment.

"I don't know. Stef really never gave me a reason to be jealous. The first time I met him, he had no interest in women. I'm not saying he's gay though." She chuckled. "I think it's the fact that in his world, women are only after his name, money and looks."