Chapter 7

My morning was usual on weekdays. We hang out by our lockers before our classes. I don't know why we do this when we're practically classmates in all of our subjects. I wonder why we don't run out of topics to discuss. Surprisingly, even though Remi is the only guy around us, he's really comfortable and fits right in with us.

"So the camping… did you finally ask?" Remi brought it in our discussion. The camping is going to be next weekend. I noticed Mila glaring at me as if she already knew the answer.

I grinned. The one that was forced and probably with guilt.

"Oh my god! You little paranoid." Mila said exasperatedly. "I'm going to your house today and ask your parents. Are they home?"

I shrugged. "Who knows."

"Why don't you phone them instead?" Remi suggested.

"Like right now." Mila added.

I sighed. "Fine." I got my phone from my pocket and searched for my mother's number since she was much more laxed than my raging father. "I'll definitely go though regardless of their decision."

"Just damn call them!" Mila bursted. My heart jumped. I almost dropped my phone, bouncing two times on my hands before I caught it. Remi snortled.

"Hi mom."

"Is there a problem, honey?" My mom answered without any greeting.

"No, but I'd like to let you know that we'll have camping next weekend. If it's alright with you, that is?"

My mom took a long pause before answering me. Remi and Mila were staring at me, waiting for the answer.

"Are you going with Mila and Remington?" I snorted inwardly hearing my mom calling Rems his real name. A suppressed smirk let out instead. Their heads tilted in confusion.

"Yes, they asked if I could come." It's so quiet that I think I'm going to suffocate.

"I'll ask your dad, honey, but I'm sure he's going to allow since your friends are there. You know he trusts them both."

"Okay, thanks mom." I almost hung up on her but she cut me off.

"Wait. Your dad's here. Let me ask him. Don't go yet." I heard a rustle and some muffled conversation. God, I was so nervous. I am so scared of dad and even though my mom's a bit chill for my sake, it doesn't help that she always agrees with him. They're really strict and what they only know about their daughter was that she's obedient and good.

"He said it's fine…” My little inner dance was cut off when she continued.” But… as long as you're going to come with us at the charity ball at the end of the month."

I hated going to those huge parties but who am I to complain.

"Yes!" I said a bit too loudly. "I mean, yes, of course. I'll go."

"Okay, Kyree. Your dad and I send our regards to Mila and Remington. And have a great day, honey."

"Yes, mom. Thanks." We then hung up at the same time. I grinned.

"What did she say? Did she say it's okay?" Mila and Remi said simultaneously. The two looked at each other before scowling.

"He called you Remington." I laughed at my heart's content while clutching my stomach with a growing ache. Mila laughed with me while Rems each gave us both an ugly scowl. He isn't always happy being called Remington.

"What's funny, sweetheart?" The husky voice near my ear made me jump back against the lockers. I now clutched my heart instead of my stomach. My eyes widened when I saw Keelan. He was with a friend. The guy who called him last time when he was annoying the shit out of me.

Remington smirked as he crossed his arms and leaned against the lockers. I want to punch that stupid smirk. Mila on the other hand was giggling.

"What's wrong? You're a bit jumpy today?" Keelan asked with a knowing smirk.

Mila and Remi snorted as they restrained themselves from laughing.

"Hey, man." Remi broke it first and finally greeted them. The three guys were nodding at each other instead of their usual bro shake. Mila waved at them with a smile.

Keelan was smiling looking at me. I looked away with a frown.

"Hey, we're going camping next weekend. You guys wanna come?" I snapped my head at Remi. Why the hell did he ask him that? I could feel Keelan staring at me.

"Sure thing.That sounds fun." His friend nodded too.

I noticed he was a quiet guy. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know him here since Mila seemed like she already knew him from the way they were greeting each other. Well, Mila's always with Remi while I'm out practicing. They were pretty much inseparable but they made sure I didn't feel left out at all when I'm with them. And I love them for that.

“I’m sure it’s not like one of those military camps you went to but yeah, I guarantee you it's more fun.” Remi stated. Although from what I could hear, he was joking.

Military camps?

Keelan laughs. “Yeah, man, hundred percent sure about that.”

I glared at Remi. He turned to me and just shrugged. He then grabbed Mila's wrist and whisked her away while saying “Wellthengottagobye” all in one breath. They were running in the hallways. I could hear Mila's complaints as they got further. I was left in agape. I heard Keelan chuckled behind me.

This guy must have said something to Remi. I turned to face him with a scowl.

"What's so funny, White?" I spat as I crossed my arms.

"So you know my last name?" He smirked.

"Well, you're pretty famous. I don't think there is anyone who doesn't know you." I shrugged.

He chuckled. "Well, you're not when you should be. I mean with the band-"

I cut him off as I covered his mouth with my hand. I panically looked around the hallway. I know if people would hear him, they wouldn't care either way. With Keelan, it’s different. He draws attention. I scowled at him. I can feel his smile hiding behind my palm. He cheekily placed his hands on my waist. I smacked them away as I let go of his stupid mouth. He just chuckled.

"Hey." I almost forgot his friend was still here.

"H-hey." Feeling suddenly embarrassed of our little scene.

"I'm Ren." He offered his hand to me and I shook it. As soon as I opened my mouth to tell him my name, he beat me to it. "Kyree, I know. I heard a lot about you from him." As his head nodded towards Keelan.

I then looked at him. He was staring at me with an unreadable emotion. But then I remembered something.

Did he tell him about my secret?