Chapter 15 : Lost Control

"Dad, I'd like you to meet Keelan. My friend."

My father raised a brow as he assessed Keelan. My mother just smiled at him. I don't even know if it's genuine.

Keelan offered his hand. "Keelan White, sir. It's a pleasure to meet Kyree's parents." Out of respect, he took his hand and shook it. I couldn't pass his skeptical look though. He didn't know who he was. He didn't know any family who held the name White. Mom shook his hand with a smile.

"We go to the same college, mom." She nodded in understanding.

"Are you studying business as well?" My dad asked.

"Yes, sir, although I'm taking up the major courses, shortening my term. My sister wants me to take over their business right away."

"May I ask who your sister is? I'm afraid I do not know any family with the surname White." My father asked carefully.

"Avery Ranallo. She's married now." Our eyes widened just the mention of the renowned name. "She's one of the major organizers of this event. I hope you're having a good night, Mr. and Mrs. Knight. Avery has been busy organizing this event. She wanted the guests to feel comfortable and have a great time. This charity event is very important to her."

I glanced at my dad who had his Adam's apple bobbed up and down. My mom answered for his sake. "Of course. It's well organized and the venue is very grand. The food is very delicious as well. I could see the effort put into it." She ended her comment with a smile.

"If it's alright with you though, I'd like to take Kyree out tonight. I know the program hasn't officially started but I'd like to think that you'll still give me permission." He grinned. Oh wow, straight to the point.

He's using his charms on my parents. Oh my god. The look on their faces tells me that they haven't moved on from the fact that he actually belongs to the Ranallo family. Even though it wasn't by blood but he was an in-law. Businessmen were even desperate to be acquainted with the Ranallo family. My dad was included. They were an unreachable empire.

"Of course, son." My eyes widened again at his answer. "Enjoy the night. Let the boring stuff handled by the older folks."

"Thank you, sir. I'll take good care of your daughter."

My mom smiled at him. "Take care, dear."

I kissed them both and said good night before leaving. When we're finally inside his car, I impatiently ask him.

"Oh my god! You're related to the Ranallo?! Is that why you were so confident that my parents are going to let us go?" I exclaimed.

"I never wanted to use that name but I did it anyway. I see how people react to it. Your parents aren't excluded. I didn't know it would actually work though. Your parents look really strict. Your father was especially intimidating. When I saw how they responded..." He shrugged with a smirk.

I laughed. "Oh my god! Do you know what'll happen if he isn't impressed by you? I don't want to even explain it." I then remembered his sister. "What about your sister? Won't she look for you?"

"I texted her. She's not gonna mind. She's really busy anyway. I wanted you to meet her though, maybe in some other time." He smiled at me and then shifted his attention to his car and reversed our way out.

"Okay. Where are we going though?"

---

"A club. Really?" I asked him in disbelief. He dragged me towards the bar and ordered drinks for us.

"You said you needed a drink. It was too tense at the party anyway. You can lose control here and nobody will judge you." He shrugged.

"No. Anywhere you go, there's always someone who'll judge you." I smirked at my smart remark.

He gave me a small smile. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. I was standing between his legs. "You look really beautiful, Kyree. You look gorgeous, pretty, cute, lovely, irresistible, beguiling..."

I laughed at the last word. "Beguiling? What kind of adjective is that? It's like someone put a love potion in your drink and poof, you're lovestruck."

"Maybe. Maybe someone just kissed me and I couldn't get her off my head after that." He was staring at me. I engraved in my mind the look he was giving me. It was intense... passionate. I was melting.

"Let's go dance." He stood. Our chests brushed from his action. He then slowly dragged me towards the dance floor.

The song was Lost Control by Alan Walker. It started out slow and we followed the rhythm. You would've thought the song was meant to be slow if you didn’t know it.

Keelan grabbed my arms and circled it to his neck. He put his hands around my waist. I swayed getting our body closer and closer until we were molded as one. As soon as the song dropped its beat, he twirled me around and pulled me roughly towards him, our chests hit and unseparated. I swayed my hips explicitly against him. His hands, as if they got a mind of their own, were insanely gripping my body and then roaming around against my skin.

He twirled me again but this time, my back remained in front of him. I continued to sway. Up, down, side, side. His lips were on my neck. The side where the hair was parted. Unconsciously, my hand went to his head seemingly dipping him towards me even more. His other hand skimming its way up until the side of my breast. He then turned me around so I could face him. I sang with the music at the same time.

I lost, I lost
I lost control again
Always do the same and I'm to blame
I lost control again~

I don't, I don't
I don't know who I am
Always do the same and I'm to blame
I lost control again~

"Fuck. I didn't know you could dance." He said as he looked at me adoringly with those emerald eyes. It felt like he was drunk... of me.

I grinned. "I could sing too you know." I joked and he chuckled. Our eyes glazed as we stare at each other.

He slowly dips his head and meets my lips.

I know that I'm a mess
But I ain't tryna be the best
So, whatever's coming next
I better pray~

Never said I was an angel
I am damaged all the way
So, whatever's coming next
I better pray~

The lights blinding us. The music deafening our senses.

I eagerly returned his kiss.