Chapter 19 : Let The World Know

Trust the words I say
I'm willing to go the distance
But I'm a little bit fragile
I'm just saying let's take this slow
Don't get me wrong
Let 'em know~

I noticed Deon among the crowd. He smiled when he saw me. I smiled back as I put emotions to the song.

Write it in magazines, in the papers
Put it all over the news, let 'em hear it
I wanna let the world know
How I feel, how I feel, how I feel
'Cause I'm living my dreams to the fullest
Forever you and me
Nothing can intervene
I wanna let the world know
How I feel, how I feel, how I feel~

Deon grinned as I approached him. His hands were inside his pants’ pockets. We joined him at our usual spot right after our performance. “Let the world know what?”

“I don’t know, De. Maybe you should ask the composer.” I teased him with a smile. He chuckled.

"You're amazing out there." Deon gave one of his sweetest smiles as he praised me.

"I'm flattered but you know there's four of us." I joked.

"You know he has his eyes only on you." Mace interjected with a teasing grin. He then took a drink from his bottle of beer and shifted his attention to the others. I just rolled my eyes. Deon was still smiling.

"Do you want anything? I'll go get you a drink." I asked.

"I'm fine with anything." He answered.

"Okay. Thanks for coming here by the way. It must be hard to get off from work."

"I was lucky enough they gave me a break. It's been a long time since I watched you guys perform."

I grinned. "You're such a sweet older brother." He just chuckled. "I'll go get our drinks now." He nodded.

I was leaning against the bar as I waited for our drinks. I could feel a warm body pressed against me from behind. I immediately turned around to yell at the asshole who dared to do such an act. I met a really hard chest on my face but when I looked up, the familiar mischievous smirk was there.

"Sweetheart..."

No matter how many times he popped out of nowhere, I get surprised every damn time he does that to me.

"You always take my breath away with that gorgeous voice of yours." He said huskily. He didn't pull away from our close proximity. His body was still pressed against mine. I can feel his hard abs against my torso.

"You always take my breath literally when you're trying hard to be this close. Now back off before I suffocate." He chuckled but still gave a little amount of space for me. His hand was pressed against the counter.

"You know I could shut you up with your feistiness but where's the fun in that." He smirked mischievously. I just glare at him.

"Are you here to tease me again? Why don't you just go and tell them who I am?"

"Okay. If that's what you want." I suddenly felt alarmed when he backed off and turned towards my friends. I grabbed his wrist and stopped him from going.

"No, don't. I was just being sarcastic." I said frantically. He chuckled, playfulness was obvious in his face and eyes.

"Is there a problem here, Kai?"

Deon looked at us and then to my hand that was holding Keelan's wrist. I let go of it.

"No. Everything's fine. This is my friend, Keelan. Keelan, this is Deon. He's Dustin's older brother."