Chapter 1: Cupa The Creeper

March 21, 1895. The Viridian Plains.

William Adams' POV

I woke up and opened my eyes. It was the second day of the journey to find the dragon egg. I got up from my sleeping bag and headed towards the entrance of my tent. Then, suddenly, I heard footsteps coming towards my direction. There was someone outside my tent, as there was a silhouette lurking just outside my tent. It was dangerous, because it might be a random mob lurking outside.

I grabbed my Winchester rifle and readied it as I slowly opened the tent. Opening the tent's entrance fully, I ran out and tried to find the person who was sneaking up in front of my tent. To my surprise, it was not a threat.

There was a young lady with orange hair, hazel eyes and pale skin

There was a young lady with orange hair, hazel eyes and pale skin. She was about the height of my nose and wore a green hoodie with a short skirt and black gloves. She was a bit scared, but she stood her ground, maybe because I scared her off when I rushed out of my tent like a maniac. I took in a deep breath and let it out, processing the situation.

"Oh, hello. I didn't expect someone else to be around my camp." I said, sounding peaceful. "What a girl like you are doing here?"

"Oh, I was riding my horse around the area looking for food, so I stumbled upon this campsite." she said, clarifying her statement. "What are you doing out here in the open?"

"I'll explain that later."

I dismantled the tent and threw the burned logs into the lake. I packed up all my belongings and placed my travelling bag on Domino. Little did I know, the lady was still watching me doing my stuff. Hence, I turned to her and conversed.

"By the way, sorry for my rude attitude, what's your name?" I asked, trying to be well mannered.

"Oh, my name is Cupa." she said, introducing herself. "How about you? What's your name?"

"The name's Adams, William Adams."

"That's such a nice name, I've never heard of a name like that before." Cupa said, sounding surprised.

'My name is unique, huh? Well, that's one way to compliment a decent guy like me.' I thought when Cupa mentioned my name. "Thanks, your name's unique too, it means creeper in Chinese, right?"

When I mentioned it, Cupa blushed as her face turned into a tomato. I knew a bit Chinese because I used to have a Chinese friend who came to Britannia. I had already forgotten him, but I still remember he went to the New World and came back to share the news. Unfortunately, he passed away in a mining incident. Poor guy.

"Huh, how did you know about that?" she asked, blushing in surprise. "I never knew someone like you would know my name's origin."

"Oh, I just knew a bit Chinese, that's all." I said. "It's not a big deal. The language is hard to understand, but once you understand the syllables, you'll master it."