Chapter 11: Stranger Danger

Date: 24 March 1895

Location: Arena Desert

POV: William Adams

Antonio and I turned our heads around as we heard the voice of someone calling our names. As we looked back, we saw a Hispanic young man on his grey horse wearing a brown vest with a white shirt, blue jeans and a brown Rebozo. He looked friendly with the smirk on his face, but I did not trust him. He had the looks but it did not stop me from being fooled.

Antonio: "Who do you think you are?"

Hispanic Man: "Oh, I'm just a traveller who travels around Elementia. I came by the desert and stopped here to take a break. Are you two okay?"

William: "Yeah, we're fine. So, you're a traveller, huh? Well then, we're gonna collect some water, and please don't bother us."

Hispanic Man: "Sure, I'll wait."

I turned my head, looking at Antonio, who nodded. We went back to the well and filled our water bottles with the clean water. While doing so, we whispered so we would not be heard by the Hispanic stranger.

Antonio: "Hey man, I don't trust that guy. He looks pretty obedient, but I don't trust him. He's like those Mexicans you'd find in a desert town."

William: "Me neither, let's just get out of here before we cause a scene. We don't want the girls to be frightened by that guy."

Antonio: "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

We finished filling up all the bottles we had and packed them in our backpack. We turned around, passed by the Hispanic and mounted our horses.

Hispanic Man: "I'm sorry, I didn't get to introduce myself. My name is Hector Martinez, at your service."

He said, tipping his hat. I looked over to Antonio, who rolled his eyes in annoyance. I was beginning to trust him a little, but Antonio, on the other hand, did not trust him at all to the point he would kill him no matter what movement he makes.

William: "Nice to know you, Hector. I'm William Adams, and this is Antonio Salerno. We call him Toni for short"

Antonio: "Please, just call me Antonio. Do not call me Toni!"

William: "Whoa, what's with the sudden outrage. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary yet."

I pulled back Antonio, calming him down from his anger.

William: "Hey, chill, Toni. Even though he hasn't done anything right, he still can be trusted. You don't have to cause a trustworthy problem."

Antonio: "All right, fine. But I'm gonna put a bullet in his chest if he ever pulls out a weapon and kills both of us."

Hector: "I only have a revolver with me, and I would not dare to use it on you two."

Antonio: "I wasn't talking to you, pal."

Hector: "Oh, nevermind."

Antonio: "Come, Billy. Let's get back to camp."

He rode off on his horse back to the desert temple. Before I caught up to him, I looked over at Hector, who was still there. I glared at him until I followed Antonio back to camp. We had eyes on Hector.

- Timeskip -

Antonio and I arrived back at the desert temple. As we entered the building, we saw Casey setting the campfire in the middle area, Cupa cooking some chicken and Andr reading a book.

William: "All right, girls. We're finally back!"

Cupa: "How was it? Did you find anything?"

William: "Yeah, we found a well not far from our camping spot, and the water is purely clean to drink."