Chapter 3: Antonio Salerno

Date: March 22, 1895

Location: Cupa's Home

POV: Third Person

William woke up as he opened his eyes. He got up from the couch and stretched his muscles. He then smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen. He looked at the kitchen and saw Cupa cooking breakfast. He smiled to himself before approaching her, entering the kitchen.

William: "Good morning, Cupa."

Cupa: "Good morning, William."

He took a seat and watched Cupa cooking beef in the furnace. As the beef was cooked, William helped her by readying the plates. She took out the cooked steak from the furnace and served them on the plate. William poured fresh water into the glasses before putting them in the chest. After all of that was done, the two sat down and began eating breakfast.

William enjoyed the taste of steak as he loved eating them back in Lancaster. He ate the steak without trying to be rude. Without noticing, Cupa watched him enjoy the food she cooked. She smiled to herself, giggling quietly.

Just then, William and Cupa stopped eating as they heard the sound of horse galloping coming from outside. The two looked at each other and tilted their heads to the front door.

William: "Did you hear that?"

Cupa: "Yeah, I did. It's gallops."

They headed towards the front door. William grabbed his Winchester rifle just in case anything bad would happen. Cupa gently opened the door. The two looked out the door and saw a man on a horse.

He had blonde hair, fair skin, amber eyes and was about two metre taller than William. He wore a brown duster coat, brown leather jeans and a cowboy hat. He pulled off his hat and tilted his head towards William and Cupa. Cupa felt a bit nervous while William was anxious and curious. The blonde man then let out a sudden laugh, confusing the two of them.

Blonde Man: "Nyohoho! Ain't it my lucky day!"

William turned to Cupa, who simply shrugged, confused as well. The blonde man dismounted his horse and hitched it near Domino and Smokey. He then walked off towards the direction of William and Cupa and stopped in front of them.

Blonde Man: "I never expect to find a shelter around the woods, it was hard trying to cross the rivers and rocky mountains."

William: "Excuse me, who do you think you are?"

He said, drawing and aiming his rifle at the blonde man. Cupa stepped back a few paces, trying not to be involved in the situation.

Blonde Man: "Whoa there, man. I know we don't know each other, but trust me, I will do no harm to you and your girl."

Cupa hid her blush from being noticed by William and the blonde man.

William: "How do we know we can trust you? And second, she's just my friend."

Blonde Man: "I'm armed with a revolver, but it's out of bullets."

"