Chapter 6: Casey The Skeleton

Date: March 23, 1895

Location: Scarburn Woods

POV: Antonio Salerno

I headed on ahead and went to the woods after leaving Andr's house. I decided to get some fresh air and do some hunting for food. I rode my horse through the woods, searching for prey. There was a sign I passed by that said 'Scarburn Forest'. I looked around the woods, only to find nothing but emptiness. I sighed and kept looking around on Valkyrie.

Then, I saw a pig in the distance, wandering lonely. I pulled out my hunting rifle; a Winchester 1876 rifle that I smuggled from a dead bandit near the cave last time, and slowly approached the pig. The pig did not seem to notice me, so I took the opportunity as I aimed my rifle and shot the pig. It died as white smoke came out from the pig's body. I took the porch chop and continued searching for more food.

A few minutes had passed and I still had not found any source of food. I was out of the woods and on the flat plains. I had a better view of the landscape as there were less trees. I pulled out my binoculars and searched for any animals.

Then, I spotted a team of pigs wandering around on the plains. I was lucky this time. I galloped towards the pigs and shot them one by one. There were around five of them. I was at my last pig, so I readied my firearm and prepared to shoot it. Suddenly, a bow whizzed out of nowhere and shot the pig. There was someone following me. Could it be Cupa? I turned my head around and saw the figure on a black horse.

 Could it be Cupa? I turned my head around and saw the figure on a black horse

She had pale skin like Cupa and Andr, grey eyes and grey hair with a ponytail. She wore grey shorts, grey gloves and a grey lined shirt with her lower cleavage exposed. She was looking at me and both of us were in eye contact. She looked away from me and started to speak.

F. Skeleton: "Hey, you didn't leave the rest of the food for me."

Antonio: "What? No, I didn't know you were behind me."

F. Skeleton: "Well, since all the pigs are gone, I guess I'll be leaving now."

She turned around and headed back to the woods. I could not be selfish and have all the pork chops for myself. I called her before she could leave.

Antonio: "Hey! I thought you wanted some pork chops."

F. Skeleton: "Huh?"

She turned her horse around and faced me. I trotted towards her and held out five pork chops.

Antonio: "Here, I'm offering you some food. I didn't mean to be greedy a moment ago, so you can have them."

She smiled, taking the pork chops and storing them in her backpack.

F. Skeleton: "Thanks, I never knew a hunter like you could be kind-hearted by offering me some food."

Antonio: "You're welcome, I wouldn't dare to share any food resource for myself."