Chapter 13: Bienvenida a Los Flores

Date: 25 March 1895

Location: Los Flores

POV: William Adams

We finally arrived at our destination which was Los Flores following a long chase with a Hispanic robber. As we entered the town, I trotted through the empty sandy streets while looking around the area. The infrastructure resembled old Spanish colony buildings which made the town look like an unsafe place to visit.

I looked to my right and saw the townspeople at the bar who looked at us with serious faces. I gave a serious expression and changed it as I looked to Cupa. She seemed terrified as she got closer to Casey for protection. I turned my head and faced Antonio. He seemed to be curious upon entering the place.

Antonio: "This place looks like Spain, but ruined."

William: "You mean Mexico? Mexico declared independence from the Spanish Empire on 16 September 1810 after a long war."

Antonio: "I guess you know History more than me. I've only been to Spain once to visit a cousin of mine who lives there."

William: "I see. Mexico and Spanish are very different, other than both having Spanish as their main language."

Antonio: "That sounds trivial but that's not what I'm concerned about. What I'm concerned about is the townspeople, they don't seem to be treating their guests nicely."

We turned to the right and the townspeople gave us murderous looks. We rolled our eyes and continued looking forward. Cupa sped up her horse and she was next to me, worrying about the townspeople giving her chills down her spine.

Cupa: "Will, I don't feel safe here. The people here seem to be mad at us for coming here without a reason."

William: "It's alright, Cupa. Stay near me, I'll protect you once someone tries to land a finger on you."

Cupa: *smiles and giggles* "Thank you, Will."

William: *smiles* "No problem, I'm always here to help."

Suddenly, three Mexican looking people came in front of us, putting us to a stop. We halted our horses and were confused as to why they were blocking our path.

Mexican #1: "You five shouldn't come here."

Mexican #2: "Yeah, get lost! We don't want any outsider coming to our place."

Mexican #3: "This area is exclusively Mexican."

Antonio: "And what makes you say that?"

Antonio said, dismounting his horse as he slowly approached the three Mexicans.

Mexican #1: "What's your problem, idiota? I told you to scram off and leave this place!"

Antonio: "Guess what? I don't care what you say, we're here because of a mission, cabron."

Mexican #2: "Don't you dare mess with us!"

Antonio: "Or else what?"

He said, pulling out his revolver and aiming it at the Mexican in front of him. His friends pulled out their revolvers, so Cupa and I drew our Winchester rifles and pointed at the other two while Casey aimed her bow at one of the three Mexicans.

Antonio: "Listen, perra. I don't want to stir up any trouble, but if you kindly move out the way and let us through, none of us are gonna get harmed."

The three Mexicans looked at each other, nodding as they agreed. The one aiming at Antonio withdrew his revolver and so as his comrades.

Mexican #1: "Fine, we'll welcome you here. But if I ever hear any commotion happening around this town, I'll make sure you won't get out of here alive, and the same goes to the rest of your friends."