Chapter 7: Guns Blazing

Date: March 23, 1895

Location: Hawthorne

POV: Third Person

William, Antonio and Casey went to Hawthorne before the group of bandits could arrive there first. They waited at the town square for the bandits to arrive. Luckily, Rosa, the iron golem, permitted Casey to enter the town as she was a skeleton mob. Antonio pulled out his LeMat revolver, opened the revolving cylinder and checked the chambers inside it. All of them were filled with bullets, so he closed the revolving cylinder and unholstered his revolver.

Antonio: "They should be here any moment."

He checked his watch. It was 5.00 p.m.. They arrived at the town at 4.45 p.m., 15 minutes before the bandits would arrive. The group kept on waiting for several minutes. Then, a team of eleven horses galloped into the town square as the bandits arrived. They got off their horses and waited for their leader to get off his horse.

The leader dismounted his horse and slowly approached Antonio, who also approached him in the opposite direction. The two walked towards each other before finally coming to a stop of 13 metres. They stared at each other, deep in the eyes before the black haired bandit chuckled, pulling out his cigarette.

Bandit Leader: "You must be the Englishman."

Antonio: "No, I'm his friend. The one you're referring to is behind me."

He pointed at William at the back, who held his Winchester rifle, armed. The leader looked behind and smirked.

Bandit Leader; "A friend, huh? He will have to wait, for now...."

He revealed his holstered revolver to Antonio before covering it with his coat.

Bandit Leader: "...looks like you'll be the first one to be executed by me."

Antonio: "I'll accept anyone's duel as long it's a fair fight."

Bandit Leader: "I guess it's a deal."

The two shook hands before turning back to their firing positions. As they stopped, they glared at each other with their hands by their holstered revolvers. The townspeople nearby closed their doors and took shelter behind pillars, barrels and crates to avoid from being injured. William checked his rifle before cocking it and Casey got her bow and arrows readied.

Antonio and the black haired bandit kept on staring as it was like a staring competition. Just then, a drunk villager came out from the saloon with an empty bottle in his hand. He saw what was happening and his mouth was opened, causing the wine bottle in his hand to lose grip. It fell to the ground and shattered into many pieces.

The leader drew his revolver, but was shot in the shoulder when Antonio managed to pull out his revolver quicker than the bandit. He groaned in pain as he stopped the pain by holding his wounded shoulder. Antonio cocked the hammer of his revolver, waiting for the bandit to make his next move.

The bandit leader looked up to Antonio and aimed his revolver to fire his last shot. Antonio realised his aim and fired a shot to the head, dealing the last blow. He fell to the ground and died, unresponsively.

His three fellow comrades saw what happened and rushed towards him. They checked if he was still alive. Unfortunately, he was killed when one of the bandits checked his pulse. They were angered by his death.

Bandit #1: "No, the Big Iron is down!"

Bandit #2: "They killed him. They killed Marty Robinson!"

Antonio: "Give me a break. That's how duels are supposed to work."

Bandit #3: "We're gonna make you pay for what you've done. Come on, boys. Let's kill this son of a pig!"