Chapter 9: A Quest of Mine

Date: 24 March 1895

Location: Andr's House

POV: William Adams

It was just like the rest of the other days; normal, standard and typical, it was always the same. I ate breakfast at the dining table with Antonio and Cupa. Andr went off to get some supplies from Hawthorne and Casey, on the other hand, went out hunting in the woods. She was ambitious when it came to hunting; especially when there is a challenge like Antonio Salerno. I finished eating the cooked pork chop that Cupa cooked, got off the table and walked into the living room.

 There, I grabbed my Winchester 1873, slinging it behind my back. I grabbed the stuff required such as my iron pickaxe and sword. I crafted a diamond sword with the diamonds I earned from the burned down Southbourne using the crafting table in the living room. I was ready as I approached the door. Then, a hand laid on my back, stopping me in the process of going out. I turned my head behind and saw Antonio smiling, holding his Winchester 1876.

Antonio: "Where do you think you're going, partner?"

William: "I'm just heading to Hawthorne to, you know, do some stuff."

Antonio: "Do some stuff, huh? Sounds like something I would do too. Now, don't go off without us like that, Billy. Cupa and I are planning to follow you to the town."

William: "Are you sure? I can go there by myself."

Antonio: "It's best to have some company, and also."

He learned against my left ear, whispering something to me privately.

Antonio: "I think Cupa likes you."

Hearing it, I backed off Antonio as I elbowed his stomach, pushing him away. He laughed joyfully, seeing the slight blush on my face. I tried to hide my blush, but I managed to do so as my face turned back to being pale. I was still annoyed with him when he asked that kind of question. I only met Cupa for a few days.

William: "You better not be thinking about stuff like that. I only met Cupa for a few days, is that a problem?"

Antonio: "A few days? Come on, you two fit together if you ask me."

William: "Are you trying to be a girl? Those words are only spoken from a girl, you know."

Antonio: "Hey, don't call me a girl. Who do you think I am? Martha Washington?"

William: "Oh brother, shut up!"

Just as we were fighting randomly over this conversation, we stopped, seeing Cupa coming down the stairs with her backpack.

Cupa: "What's all the commotion?"

William: "Oh nothing. Just boy talk that we do a lot."

Antonio: "Yeah, boy talk."

He said, looking at me with a devious smile. I simply rolled my eyes, ignoring the fact that I was being mocked.

Cupa: "Okay then. Let's go, we don't get all day to be here."

We three exited the house, mounted our own horses and rode to town, heading across the river near the house. During our short journey, my eyes glanced over to Cupa who was riding her horse like a brave woman. I was deeply venerated by her looks, but I knew I was distracted. I looked to the front and concentrated on galloping on my horse just so I would not likely to crash into a tree.

- Timeskip -

We arrived at the town of Hawthorne. We looked around the place, searching for Andr. As we continued the search for a few minutes, we saw Andr at the market. Cupa dismounted her horse as she walked over to Andr. Before she did, she turned to us and told us something.