Chapter 10: Entering the Desert

Date: 24 March 1895

Location: Hawthorne

POV: William Adams

We headed back to Andr's house after eating lunch at a nearby restaurant. I was tired after fighting those mobs in the cave, and at the same time, I met a zombie girl who looks like a boy. Things were starting to get weird. As we arrived at home, I rested up in the living room, hanging around with Cupa, Antonio and Andr.

Casey soon came in after she finished her hunting quest. An hour had passed and I was cleaning my dirty rifle. Antonio, on the other hand, took a sip from his canteen, drinking the wine. Andr and Cupa came down as they sat in between me. Casey sharpened her bow, sitting near Antonio.

Antonio: "Hey, Billy. You think the competitors are heading their way to find the dragon egg?"

William: "Hell yeah they are. This is a race for $500,000,000 for goodness sake."

Antonio: "We've been left behind for a long time. I think it's time we start packing and venture out to find that dragon egg."

William: "Yeah, I think we should."

Cupa: "You guys are gonna leave?"

William: "Soon, we still don't know where to go."

Antonio: "Besides, I'm pretty sure we lost track of our path."

Andr: "Will you guys be okay?"

William: "Definitely, we've already survived from dangerous obstacles many times. It feels like we're used to this already."

Antonio: "Don't worry, we'll be the ones to find that dragon egg first. Ain't that right, Billy?"

William: "Sure we do."

Casey: "I like that spirit of yours, Toni."

Antonio: "Thanks."

Just then, I heard a horse gallop coming from outside. I turned around and looked through the window, seeing a man in brown on his horse. As I looked closer and analysed his features, his face caught my eye as I recognised the face. Cupa noticed me looking outside and asked if something was wrong.

Cupa: "Will, is there something wrong?"

I smiled, getting up from the couch as I approached the door and went out of the house. Antonio and the rest saw me going outside so they followed me.

Antonio: "Hey, Billy! Where do you think you're going?"

I came outside and saw the horseman approaching me. As he stopped, he smiled, tipping his hat off in respect. I recognised him from before; it was Peter Sanford.

Peter: "Hey, friend. Long time no see."

William: "Peter, I can't believe it. How did you know that I was here?"

Peter: "Simple, I passed by here and saw your hitched horse. I recognised it when you unloaded Domino off the ship deck."

William: "Heh, oh yeah. It's good to see you again, Peter."

Peter: "You too, pal."

He looked behind me, seeing the rest of my gang.

Peter: "I see you made more friends."

William: "Yes, I did. Allow me to introduce them; this is Antonio, we call him Toni for short, this is Cupa, this is Andr and that is Casey."

Peter: "Oh, I see. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

Antonio: "Pleasure to meet you, Mr.?"

Peter: "Sanford, Peter Sanford."

William: "We knew each other as we met on the H.M.S. Pacifica while on its way to Sapphire Harbour."