It can fly!

"Hey Mack!" I called as I stepped onto the Zephyr. His back was facing me and he seemed to be hunched over something.

He looked up upon hearing me, and turned around. "Oh, hey kid." Mack stood up and I saw a small model of Lola behind him.

I peered curiously at the small car. "What's that?"

"That?" Mack picked up a cloth and wiped his hands. "Few years back I made a similar version for Coulson, but that was to find the toolbox. And it couldn't fly then."

I nodded. They had told me the story. "So it can fly now?"

Mack shook his head. "No." He sighed. "But that's what I'm going to try and do now."

I moved away as Mack went back to his work. I wanted to help, but I didn't want to intrude. So, slowly, I backed away.

---

Later that day, I was in my room and bored out of my mind. When I heard a knock on my door, I leapt up from the bed to open it.

"Hey kid. Fitzsimmons said you were smart, do you wanna help me with the car? I still can't really work it and Fitz isn't on base." Mack asked awkwardly as he stood outside my room.

"Wait, Fitz isn't on base?"

Mack shot me a look that clearly said, "Seriously?" I shook my head. "Right. Yeah, yeah, no yeah. Yeah I wanna help."

"Great." Mack smiled. "I brought the things in already so, uh..."

"Yeah okay!" I followed him out, shutting the door behind me.

---

Mack was fun and easy to talk to. For me at least. And based on the way he treated me, I assumed he was an older brother, which he was. 

Combined with my smarts and Mack's engineering skills, we managed to make Mini Lola hover 10 cm above the ground. It couldn't move forward or back like on land, but it will. Now, all there was was a button on the controller to bring the car up and down.

I heard the cargo door opening with my super hearing and warned Mack, and he proceeded to hide the car and take out a random project to make it seem we were working on it. I guess we aren't showing Coulson the car yet.

Speaking of which, Coulson, Fitz and May arrived.

"Hey!" I greeted cheerfully. "Where were you guys?";

"New York." May replied, heading to the fridge to take a drink.

"WHAT?" I screeched. "And you didn't tell me?"

"We weren't in New York for leisure, Peter." Fitz said. "Hey man."

"Turbo." Mack grinned.

---

"Hey Mack?" It was close to sleeping time but I managed to catch him before he turned in. "When you give Coulson the car, uh..."

Before I could finish the sentence, Mack patted my back. "I'll credit you kid. You deserve it."

I burned bright red. "No no no no I don't want that!" I exclaimed, eyes widening. "You built it, I just helped..."

"Nonsense, Peter. You get all the credit." Mack chuckled before turning and leaving.