Saying Goodbye

I woke up to my phone ringing crazily at 3am. I groaned, turning over in bed and squinting at the screen. 

"Hello?" I mumbled. 

"Peter!" Mr Stark's familiar voice rang over the phone. 

I perked up. "Mr Stark! Why are you calling me at 3am?"

"Uh? It's 3am?" Came the reply, "Sorry kid. Look, I called to tell you we're coming back later today. You can choose to continue to stay at the base for a while more since we came home earlier than planned, or you can come back to the Compound. Your choice." 

"Wait, you guys are coming back?" I asked excitedly. But as I remembered my plans with Daisy, I didn't feel that enthusiastic anymore. 

Sure, I really wanted to go back to the Compound and see the Avengers, but Daisy and I planned for a lit of different activities. We had ideas for the Return of the Prank Wars, which was something I was looking forward too.

"Kid?" 

"Huh? Oh yeah Mr Stark. It's too early for me to think right now, is it okay if I call you when it's a reasonable time?" 

"Of course kid, it's my fault for calling you so early. Good night!"

I replied the same thing, before hanging up. 

Once again plunged into darkness, I lay on my bed unable to fall asleep. I truly enjoyed my stay here, it was filled with fun. But I should go back, if not Mr Stark may think I'm replacing him with the agents. 

Oh but what about everything Daisy and I planned? 

Maybe they'll let you visit... I thought to myself, not wanting myself to hope too much. 

In the end, I drifted off to sleep still undecided. 

---

I woke up few hours later and met May in the common room. The older was sitting cross-legged on the sofa covered in a fluffy panda onesie watching old, but classic cartoons. I raised an eyebrow and unusual soft appearance on May, to which she replied with a amused smile. "C'mon, why the long face Parker?" 

I hesitantly sat next to her, eyes fixed on the television featuring Tom and Jerry. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, May nudged me. 

I took a deep breath. "Mr Stark and the Avengers are back from the mission. Mr Stark says I can go back today." 

"Well that's good, right? They're like your family, you should be happy! Why so sad?" May questioned. 

"I... I don't want to leave." I replied, quickly adding, "Yet." in case she thought I was going to a burden. "I mean, Daisy and I made more plans to last a week cause that's when I'm supposed to leave..." 

"Well, I'm sure Stark will understand if you want to stay for one more week." May stated. 

I turned to her, eyes wide. "May, you don't understand! What if Mr Stark thinks I'm replacing him? I'm just gonna go... today." I averted my eyes at the last minute, and continued to stare at the screen. 

Later that day, I stayed in my room to pack my things. I glanced at Hylla, who was still sleeping peacefully. Couple days ago when Hylla went into deep sleep, Simmons concluded that it was doing it's species version of hibernation. I picked it up gently and placed her inside her cage. I hoped Mr Stark let me keep her. 

I zipped up the last bag when a knock came on my door. I opened it, and saw Daisy standing outside with her hands on her hips. 

"Peter where were you the whole day? Did you forget what we had planned?" She demanded. 

I immediately felt guilty. "Sorry Daisy. Um, could you get everyone to the common room? I have something to say." 

As Daisy left, my phone pinged. I glanced at the text sent by Aunty Nat. Hey kid, missed ya. I'm flying off to the base already, will be there soon.  

I left my bad stacked up neatly at the door, before heading off to the common room. 

"Peter where were you the whole day?" Jemma repeated exactly the same process as Daisy did, with her hands on her hips too. 

"Sorry, I was uh- packing..." I scratched my head awkwardly, throwing a help me look to May. She simply shrugged. 

"Packing? Where ya going mate?" Hunter asked. 

"Mr Stark and the others came back one week earlier, so I'm going back to the Compound later. Aunty Nat's already flying over..." I mumbled. "I'm gonna miss you guys a lot..." 

"Wait, you're leaving?" Daisy gasped. "But- what about Prank Wars?" 

"Didn't we conclude that already-" 

"No and yes Coulson. Now it's the Return of Prank Wars, which will be more epic than the first!" Daisy exclaimed. 

I stood there, unsure what to do. "So uh yeah. I'm going back today. Thanks for letting me stay, you guys are really fun. I'm gonna miss you guys. A lot." 

Bobbi gave me a smile. "We'll miss you too Peter. If you wanna visit anytime, just fly over with a call beforehand, okay?" 

I nodded, and proceeded to exchange goodbyes with the team. When Aunty Nat's arrival message came through, I excused myself to get my bags. On the way out, I caught Coulson muttering something into May's ear, with May nodding along. 

"AUNTY NAT!" I screamed happily, flinging my bags down as I dashed into her arms. 

"Peter!" Natasha grinned, returning a hug. To May, who was behind me, she nodded, "Hey Mel. Thanks for letting this troublemaker stay with you." She thanked graciously, at the same time ruffling my hair. 

"Peter why don't you go to the jet first, I have to speak with Nat." May grabbed one of my bags and shoved me forward lightly. I chuckled, picked up my bag and headed in the jet. Aunty Nat followed not long after and I waved my last goodbye to team. 

"BYE GUYS, I'M GOING TO MISS Y'ALL!"