#12: How do you know about the ring?

"I can't mom, I can't." I shattered down in my mom's arm.

She slowly caressed my hair, "beta you have to. This was the path you have chosen for yourself, now you can't back off. You need to be strong." She was trying to propel me, she knew that I needed it at the moment.

I broke the hug and looked at her, brushing off her tears. She cupped my face, wiping off my tears. "I know it's tough, why you just..." she halted. She knew she was turning out selfish, she wanted to see her son happy. As the realization hit her, she shut her mouth.

"I can't mom, you know I can't tell it to Raghav, he will back off and I don't want him to do that. He already withstood a lot at an early age, lost his parents. He has only us in his life, I can't take his happiness away. He went to Canada as India remind him, of his parents. He found his love.." I choked as those words came out of me, "he had fallen for her and she did too. I can't come in between, I can't." Bolting those tears in.

"What about you?" An enraged voice and we both looked at the source. "What about you, Sid? I nor mom can see you like this." Sara was standing there, furious. "What had you made of yourself? You were already damaged soul, and she crashed you more. I am not blaming her, but you can't deny the fact that she is reliable for this."

"Sara does not forget that she was mentally unstable. And being a doctor, you know it much better than me. She had fully forgotten her memory of those ten days." Her words infuriated me, I know she was anxious for me but she couldn't accuse Shehnaaz of it.

"Those ten days gave you wound beyond repair." She said dryly, and I stared at her blankly.

"Can we stop the debate, I am not in a mood." I scowled at her.

"Sid!..." Sara would defend, but she glanced at mom and shut her mouth. "Mom, I was here to call you up. Shehnaaz's mom was asking you up and Raghav was asking about Sid." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I am coming," Mom massaged my biceps, standing up. I blinked my eyes assuring her that I was fine. She moved out and Sara would follow her, but I called her out and she stopped in her track.

"Sara!" She turned and gave me a grim look. I just rolled my eyes, "what the matter with the ring?" She stared at me, puzzled.

"Ring?" she paused for a minute. "Yeah, Shehnaaz asked me to keep the other ring in the box present in the bag. As we might land into trouble as a backup plan." She said as a matter of fact.

I just stared at her, amazed. Shehnaaz surprised me every single time. The way she maturely handled the situation, in the conversation with her mother and brother. And then coming to know about her backup plan. This girl was something else from the Sana I knew. She was a kid but Shehnaaz was a mature girl but still, my over-thinker mind was pushing me to think something was skeptical, but what?

"Why there were two rings in the bag?" Sara asked, staring at me suspiciously.

"Raghav selected one and another one by me," I informed her.

"The rose one by you?" She inquired and I node, she might have got to know it seeing Raghav grinning face on seeing the ring. "So Shehnaaz liked your ring, and you had brought it for her." She beamed at me but I gave her whatever look.

"How does it matter?" I spoke hastily.

"It does Sid, that means if you had come in her life before Raghav then she might have fallen for you. If she might have recollected that ten days, she might not be committing with the bro." She was sounding astounded at her logic, I just gave her a disbelief look.

"Sara you're forgetting that Raghav is your brother and Shehnaaz is going to marry him soon. Not to forget he loves her, how could such a thought even come to your mind?" I shook my head.