#31: Main Phir Bhi Tumko Chahunga

It was evening; I was preparing myself for the plan. A hope those last sentences had built in it, I opened the diary to the last page. 

"Mai Phir Bhi Tumko Chahuhgi... Mai Phir Bhi Tumko Chahugi..." There was a saying that music could express feelings. And I had decided to give it a practical try. That song held a place in her heart and may those bottled-up feeling get a path to flow out. 

I got myself ready and walked towards the hall. Few members were present. Unlike typical wedding where the bride took ages to dress up, the bride was already present in the ceremony. There was no clue of the groom, I knew he won't descend before an hour. I shook my head and with a smile walked towards Shehnaaz. She passed a smile at me, "I thought every girl needs an hour to dress up." 

"I too had the same thought, before meeting your buddy, but he proved me wrong." We both laughed at our joke on Raghav. 

There was silence for a second, then Shehnaaz started with Sana's topic. "Actually... dad's behaviour last night. I apologise, he had some misunderstanding which is now sorted out. Mom spoked that he will have a conversation to you about the same..." Indirectly inquiring if he did. 

"Yes, he spoke to me and I understand." I nodded not going into detail. 

"You know about her past, she had suffered a lot." I stared at her for a second, should I disclose the matter to her? 

"Do you know about the diary torn pages?" I inquired, she glanced at me in alarm.

"You read the diary?" I gave a nod, "I have no idea who torn it. Wahi toh source hai jo hume Sana ke past ke bare mein kuch idea de sakta hai. Punjab mein destination weeding karne ka reason hi yahi tha, ki sayad Sana ka past jan kar kuch ho. Sana ki health mein koi improvement aaye, par sayad faith wanted something else tabhi toh dekho na, ek naya Kullu Sana is life mein entry kar gaya." She was smiling in delight unaware of the real truth, I didn't opened my mouth. Was not aware how would she react if I unfold the truth? 

"Kya Punjab mein Sana ki koi dost nahi hai, jo Sana ko janti ho? Uske past ko...?" 

"Wah yaar! Ladke walo mein koi toh punctual hai, warna toh saare late latif hi deekh rahe the mujhe..." Shehbaaz entered and the conversation was left incomplete. 

_____

Soon the hall was packed but the most important soul was missing from the ceremony. My eyes were searching for her when someone nudged my shoulder. 

"Kisko dudh raha hai?" Neetu di had that teasing smile on, I narrowed my eyes. 

"Mujhe nahi lagta woh aayegi, and if aayegi bhi toh she won't be able to tolerate the crowd." Preethi di spoke shocking me up, how did she got to know about her condition? "Aunty ne mom ko bataya ki Uncle ne kal aisa kyu behave kara tha. He was concerned regarding Sana, and right at his place." 

"Ha!" Neetu di jointed, "hum ne uncle ko galat samjha but shocking part was ki Sana ki halat aur bigad gayi hai in these two years. Maybe sayad woh tujh se alag nahi hoti toh ab tak teekh ho gayi hoti." Those words by di were making me guilty, how should I tell them? I was not her cure but the reason behind her state. The feeling was frustrating, more frustrating than the one I felt on knowing about her marriage.

"Kya chal raha hai?" Raghav walked towards us, crossing his arms around my shoulder. "Tum saare prepared ho, right? Sara ko Shehbaaz ko harana hai..." And the rest laughed while I pressed a smile at them. 

"Tereko problem kya hai? Meko tease karna band kar..." Sara who accompanied him grumbled. Fulling annoyed with her brother. 

"Toh tu kyu mere aur buddy ke beech aati hai? Maine tease karna hi hai... woh dekho She..." Raghav was on the verge of calling Shehbaaz, but Sara pinched him hard. "Ah!... What the hell!"