#24: Sweetheart are you fine?

"How Shehnaaz recovered?" 

"Raghav never spoke about it. I tried to ask him indirectly as he had no clue that we knew about Shehnaaz had turn mentally unstable. Yet never in any conversation, he brought it up." Sara sounded troubled as this thing she always discussed with me that how come Raghav didn't speak about Shehnaaz condition. 

"Did you know why Shehnaaz had turned to India? Without informing anyone?" Preeti di inquired. "Parents nor Raghav knew about her coming to India from Canada." 

"Raghav told me that they planned the trip to cheer up Navya. She was broken after the rejection she had faced and the reason they ended up in India. Hiding it from everyone was because Shehnaaz's father would have never allowed them for the trip alone. They were born and brought up in Canada, coming to India would never be appreciated that too all alone." Preeti and Neetu di nod their head on listening to it. 

"Everything is so messed up, how to sort it out?" Neetu di was worried and gazed at me. 

"Why you want to sort it out?" They looked at me baffled, "the way things are going is great. We don't need to interrupt it." I gave them a warning look. 

"Are you serious, Sid? The way you are mad at Sara for hiding things up, Raghav will turn out the same. Sara had hidden the truth from you for probably five days but you had forced her to keep it hidden from her brother for almost two years now. And what do you think for how long can to keep it concealed? For two, five, six, eight years? But at some point in time the truth will be out, do you think Raghav will be able to forgive you, Sara or even us for hiding it up? You know how much he trusts us, will he ever appreciate that we kept him away from such the biggest reality of his life? Will he ever be able to forgive himself?" Preeti di was making me deal with the consequences I would have to face if I kept it hidden from Raghav. 

"Di I know he will never forgive me for it but he will get his contentment. He will get the person whom he had fallen for, just speaking up the truth will make him ravaged. I don't want to deprive him of his happiness. And what about Shehnaaz? she too had fallen for him, I can't be selfish, di. This was just one-sided feelings which deserve to burn inside me." I choked as I spoke the last statement, it hurt to realize that what I was feeling was just one-sided. She never had such feelings for me. 

Main Phir Bhi Tumko Chahunga 
Main Phi Bhi Tumko Chahunga

"But she has the full right to know about her ten days which she spent with you. The way she was behaving with you means she had forgotten about those days when she recovered. She might be asking herself that where was she during those ten days and you need to answer it out for her." Neetu di spoke, I knew this was going to happen. The reason I kept it hidden from both. They were going to persist me to speak the truth but I couldn't let it happen. 

"You both are overlooking the fact that I had taken an oath before sharing the past that it won't be out of this room. It would stay between us and I hope you keep up to your promise, now I need to sleep it's already late night." I didn't want them to urge me more about it. "Tomorrow is Mehendi and Raghav will love all of you getting ready for it with a beautiful smile on our faces. I don't want to spoil his wedding celebration." It was rather an instruction for which they gave a slight node getting up from their respective places. 

They moved out and I closed the door behind them. I laid on my bed, closing my eyes. My days had turned so meaningless without her beside me. I heard her melodious voice and jerked open my eyes. She was laying beside me, "Kullu you didn't talk to me today." She frowned, I knew I was hallucinating her. She was not there, it was my imagination. 

"Where you came? You were busy playing with Sara." I grumbled, turning my face away. 

"Kullu, don't be angry, I won't play with her. I will be just with you." She pinched her throat, again promising me. I peeped at her from the corner of my eyes, I expanded my hand and she came and laid on my chest. "Kullu I missed you so much." She pecked on my chest.