(Sleep) Marx x reader

Requested by: Novemberina

   Sorry for taking so long. Here ya go.
•••••••••

     Night time inside the city of the clover kingdom were rather peaceful and quiet. The only sound you can hear were the soft chirp produced by the crickets around the trees surrounding the city or in the gardens of the castle.

   You were currently sleeping inside your shared room peacefully and having a sweet dream, that until you felt cold under the sheets. Patting the part beside you, you feel nothing but a cold air, your husband warmth weren't present. Pushing yourself up to sit on the bed, you rubbed your eyes awake to looking beside you to only see an empty space which you sigh. "Don't tell me he's still in the office working again." You mumbled as you get out of the bed fixing your loose hair into a messy bun with your bangs slightly covering your right eye while walking towards the closet, you pull out a coat to cover your nightgown. "Ok this routine of his must be stop." You said to yourself as you headed towards the office where your husband could actually be.

   You and Marx were married three years ago, and those three years being together were your most treasured memory with someone you love so dearly. Everyday he won't miss out to give you some flowers gifts and morning kisses. There's an always 'I love you' kind of notes to every door you open inside your shared room, some were love quotes and some were just reminding you your treasured moment together. Even you told him there's no need to do it, he did anyways saying its one way to show you how you were so important to him and there's no stopping him to tell you how he love you.

And needless to say you actually find it romantic and heartwarming. You actually kept all the notes in your secret box under the bed.

   Although he give you so much affection, you can't help but notice how stressed he is by just having one glance at his posture and the dark circle under his eyes. Even though he tried to hide it, it wasn't go unnoticed by you, and it actually worry you to the bone for his well being.

    Standing in front of the door, you knock four times before opening it. Peeking your head inside you saw Marx totally engrossed in his paperwork with two more huge stack beside his table. The dark circles under his eye is already gotten worse.

"Marx-san." You called out walking inside the room, closing the door behind you. After not receiving any reply you called his name again.

"...."

  Not hearing any reply at all, you decided to finally approach him. "Guess who it is?" You playfully said as you covered both of his eyes with your hand and he flinched. Totally not expecting you here.

"(Y-(y/n)!?" He stammered out in surprise and you giggle before removing your hands from his eyes. "(Y/n) why are you doing here awake?" He asked turning his head to face you.

  "I should ask you the same thing." You replied bending down to lean forward until your faces were just inches apart. "I have work to finish, I'll go to sleep after I've done it. Now you should go back to sleep." He said averting his attention back to his work after giving soft peck in your forehead.

   You groan in frustration as you straightened up before hugging your husband from the back. "Please, my dear husband, Marx. Come let's go sleep." You pleaded in a cutest tone you could ever muster. "Could you come and join me to sleep? I miss your warmth." You added giving his shoulder a slight massage.

   "You've been up for many nights now and I know how stressed you are doing the work here all day long. On top of that, you always shower me affections despite the never ending papers sir Julius giving you." You said adding more pressure in your massage, and judging by his action, your massage eases his stress and you smiled in victory.

    "Can we please go to bed now?" You tried asking again. "Sorry (y/n). Even I want to, I had to finish these." You slump in defeat at his reply and quietly groan.

'Is that so fine.' You thought stopping your actions as you fixed your posture before heading towards the door.

    Taking a notice of your actions, Marx raised a brow. Usually you're persistent when it comes to getting what you want no matter what but, this time you're giving up easily.

  "Where are you going?" He asked suspiciously. You two have been married for three years now and let's say he know everything about you and he's completely sure, you were up to something.

   "Where else? I'm going towards the room of sir Julius and disturb him from his sleep, and I'm going to do this every time you stay awake late at night." You stubbornly replied with a scary face and tone as you continue your way to the door making Marx panic as he fell of his chair to stop you.

"W-wait! D-don't." Marx stumbled as he scurried towards you grabbing your arm to prevent you from going out of the door.

   "Will you go to sleep then?" You said sweetly and Marx sweat drop from how your expression turned from scary to sweet in just merely a second.

  "Ok fine, let's go." Marx sighed as he fixed his posture before taking a hold of your hands guiding you back to your shared room with you smiling ear to ear in victory.

  But, who said you're going  to keep your word? When Marx wasn't looking, you silently cast a spell and purple smoke came out and turned into a dozen fireflies. Giving a silent order secretly,  the fireflies fled towards sir Julius room.

  'Let's see if you could sleep peacefully  tonight sir Julius.  A revenge for the lack of sleep my husband get.' You thought evilly as you cling on Marx's arm wearing a bright big smile.

   As you two arrived in your shared room,  you immediately took off your coat and loosenypir hair down from being tied before tending to your husband, taking his cape off and neatly placing it near the closet, taking a comfortable clothes for him in the process.

"Here. " Handling him the new set of clothes. "Ah, thanks. " He replied  taking his previous clothes off giving you the chance to admire his body,  enough to to make you almost drool. o(〃^▽^〃)o

   "Let's sleep." You said snapping yourself put of your own trance as you climb up to the bed with Marx follow fully clothed. As soon as he lay down, you immediately cling to his chest.  "Can we cuddle?" You asked burying your head to his chest smiling gleefully.

   "Well you already clung into me." Marx chuckled as you giggle and he wrap his arms around your figure leaving a light quick peck on your forehead. "I love you. Good night." He added.

   "Love you too." You reply. Hearing the steady breathing of your dear husband, you raised your head up to see that his expression were relaxed which make you at ease.

    Few minutes pass, you found yourself being lulled by his heart beat and few second pass you find yourself slipping to dream land with content  sigh.

•••••••

An:

    OK,  sorry  for not updating for a while. I was busy on my YouTube account yet I only published a single bid.  And not getting much attention so there you have it.

   I hope this chapter reach your expectation Novemberina.

Up next :

> Scenario 10