"Why does nobody notice me?"

„Jessica, come downstairs, breakfast is ready." Jessica looked around her room grabbing her backpack quickly running down the stairs excited for her first day in her first year of school.

„Good morning honey." her mom said while setting the plates on the table. Her father already sitting down reading the newspaper. As soon as his wife put plate before him he thanked her and put the newspapers away.

„So are you excited for your first day at school?" her dad asked. „Yes, I can't wait to see what it's like!" 

Her dad chuckled, „well that's good, I remember I cried when I had to go to school for the first time."

They chatted for a bit before Jessica started playing with her food, not eating much, staring down. Her mom was first to notice, „honey what's wrong?" 

„Mom, do you think I'll make some friends?" Her mother looked looked at her husband, then back down at her daughter. „Of course Jessie, just don't be sad if nobody talks to you, give it some time, someone will definitely come talk to you, if not, you can always try to talk to them too. You are just kids after all, I think you'll make friends fast." Jessica nodded and finished her breakfast before leaving with her dad who took her to the school.

Ever since Jessica was born, she was quiet and nice child, she never got into any trouble. Her parents loved her. She had no other relatives other than one grandpa from mother's side since her mother and father were both as only children. Neither of them had siblings so Jessica had no uncles or anties. Her grandparents from dads side passed away before Jessica was born. Her grandmother from her mothers side died even younger then she should have, when Jessica's mom was just in her late 30's. Her last grandfather is still alive but they don't meet with him often.

They offered him to come live with them so he won't have to be alone and so he can spend more time with his daughter and granddaughter but he was always the time to rather stay alone. He refused and lives in a village that's around 5 hour drive from the town where Jessica lives with her parents.

Time has passed by and when Jessica was 3, years old, she started going to kindergarten. The place itself was quite big. There was a long hallway on which right side were the lockers and on the left side was cafeteria with stairs that led up. 

On the hallway were numerous doors with numbers. These were the teachers cabinets. As you got upstairs there was also a long hallway with even more doors. Each door was a room for each class. As the children got older they'd move to the class for their age. Each class had 2 sections, a room where the kids would play, and a room with beds where the kids would sleep before lunch. 

Each room had multiple toys for the kids to play with and tables by the wall where the kids could draw, or where they would work on their work papers, kind of a school work. As the kids would get older and move to higher classes, other rooms, there would be less toys and more props to teach the childer basic stuff, like the clock, how to tie a knot, more working papers...

Jessica's first day at kindergarten, and other few weeks were not very good. She wouldn't want her mom, or dad to leave, she would cry for them to stay. She later noticed this behaviour in other kids too. Why? Because the kids knew nobody else but their parents and were scared of the new surroundings. 

But the kids wouldn't cry as much or would stop crying when they found friends. Jessica was too scared to approach anyone at the time so she would always play alone somewhere in the corner of the room. This would go on for some time until she'd be found always playing by herself, not interacting with other kids. The teacher would notice this but didn't pay much attention to it. 

After moving to higher classes Jessica would notice how other kids seem to always laugh or look happy when they were playing, even in the kindergarten courtyard. She would try to talk to other kids but nobody seemed to notice her, or talk back to her. 

With every ignorance she would get more and more sad, upset. This would go on for multiple weeks, months even. She wouldn't get sad immediately but as time progressed. She always thought the other kids just didn't hear her, or that they were too into their play that they just didn't notice her. Her mother would be the first to notice that her daughter was unhappy after some time. 

„What's wrong Jess?" „Mom, why does nobody wants to play with me?" Her mom looked at her puzzled „what do you mean sweetie? You told me you made friends.." 

Jessica answered „I thought you meant the toys, I made friends with the toys, but other children look happy when they talk to each other, and my toys don't talk back to me. I tried talking to the kids but it looked like they can't hear me.." Her mom thought for a moment before speaking 

„Okay, you know what, I'll go talk to your teacher this Monday, I will explain the stuation to her and I'll ask her if she can find you some friends okay?" Jessicas eyes lit up and she smiled, nodding her head.