"I feel like a ghost"

Time was passing since Jessica started going to kindergarten. Almost two months passed as Halloween was coming and all the classes were preparing for it. Decorating their classrooms, doors, windows with pumpkins, ghosts, and witches they drew. They had a special class where they would choose what they want to draw and sat by a table that had all the things needed for arts and crafts, like pencils, watercolors, templates of the pumpkin, or ghosts, or any other Halloween themed thing. So each table was either a ghost table, a pumpkin table, a witch table, and more.

Jessica decided she wants to draw a ghost since she felt like one. She felt like a ghost, because no matter how many times she tried talking to someone, they would ingnore her, or at least won't notice her. Just like a ghost.

She was also the only one who decided to draw ghosts. Most kids were at a pumpkin table, a few girls were at a witch table, drawing hats, cats and cauldorns. After the drawing was finished they would cut it into the shape and hang it on the doors or windows. Other kids drew only one or two pictures, but Jessica drew at least 10 ghosts. She was the only one drawing them so she felt like she could do more than just one.

After the day was over and decorations were hanging, her mom came to pick her up. „Look mom! I made these!" Jessica showed her all the ghost decorations hanging on the wall.

„Wow, these are amazing! you are so talented!" her mom smiled. Jessica smiled too and they both went home.

Later that day at the dinner table Jessica and her parents chatted talking about how their day went and what's new. It was something they did daily.

„Mom?" Jessica spoke unsure. 

„Yes sweatheart?" Jessica was quiet for a moment before speaking up. 

„Well we will have this Halloween thingy, where we as a whole class will walk under the sight of our teachers around the neighbourhood in costumes and I wasn't sure if I can go.." Jessica's mom immediately answered „of course you can go! And have you thought about what you'd like to be for Halloween?" 

Jessica already knew. „I want to go as a ghost... The one that's just a white blanket with holes for mouth and eyes.." 

Her mom smiled, „of course, whatever you want to be. I'll prepare your costume after dinner, I'll use the white bed sheet, but I'll need you to pose for me while I mark the spots for arm holes and the eyes and mouth. I'll cut the holes tomorrow after dinner again, and I'll finish it the day after, by sewing the holes around, so it won't tear and so it won't look too, you know, like it was just cut. It needs to be done by this Friday, right?" Jessica smiled and nodded, „Yes, thank you mom!"