Ch.8 Poison

~Y/n pov~

We sat in chemistry, Koro-sensei and the class reps had left to get the equipment .

Unlike in our other classroom, we were sat on benches, I was sat opposite Karma and next to Okuda and Karma was sat next to Rinka.

Maehara, Okajime and this other kid(🤷‍♀️) waited near the door with their knifes, most likely preparing an ambush attack.

As soon as the door slid open, they all leapt forward swinging their knifes , however Koro-sensei was obviously too fast for them and managed to avoid them and set up the equipment at the same time.

After a short while, they gave up and collapsed on the floor panting.

"Is that all you can do?" I raised an eyebrow .

"Right? That was waaaay too obvious." Karma agreed.

The octopus walked to the front of the classroom and began demonstrating the practical.

He extracted the red from the sweets using chemicals , and before we had the chance to do it yourselves , he quickly grabbed all of our sweets and decided to keep them.

I sweat-dropped.

"Wait , we bought those for ourselves !" Isogai complained .

"is it me ? Or did he just use this lab to support his junk food habits ?" Maehara sighed .

I rolled my eyes, "Fucking cheapass." , I muttered under my breath , though I think Karma heard me because I heard him chuckling .

Suddenly, Okuda got up holding to flasks with some strange liquid in.

Everyone went silent as we watched her approach our teacher.

She bowed and held them out to him , "Poison sir! Please drink it."

"No one's that stupid." I chuckled under my breath.

"I'm sorry is this weird?" She asked nervously .

"It's certainly very straight forward." Koro-sensei replied .

"The thing is I'm not good with words and I'm not very good at being sneaky , but I am good at chemistry, please drink them . I put my heart and soul into making them." She bowed again.

"Heart and soul huh? Well if you say it like that I can't refuse !" The octopus took the potions from her and drank the first one .

He coughed, hunching over and then started grunting in pain.

"Is this really going to work?" Isogai asked .

We all watched in anticipation, when suddenly , his face turned blue and he grew horns.

W-what?!

Our teacher turned to Okuda, "Quite a kick, sodium hydroxide I believe ? Good attempt but not good enough. If I were human I would of definitely died. Now then, let's try the other two."

He proceeded to drink another one of the potions .

It seemed to have the same affect, he coughed and grunted in what I'm assuming was pain.

But if it didn't work the first time I doubt it would again with such basic potions .

His face then turned a mint green and wings sprouted on his cheeks. I sweat dropped , just as I thought of course it wouldn't work .

He drank the last one but this time it was different , surges of purple energy surrounded him, swirling round in some sort of small whirlwind.

Then his face turned blank.