Ch.22 Itona Horibe

~Y/n pov~

There had been an underwear thief fitting Koro-sensei's description.

We investigated his room and found some bras and all of the girls cup sizes.

It wasn't looking good for him.

The octopus thought his reputation was ruined, so we all went out to try and catch the thief red handed.

The thief was indeed not Koro-sensei.

After we found the thief, Koro-sensei was captured by Itona and Shiro.

~*~

Koro-sensei somehow managed to beat Itona.

The octopus held Itona's limp body in his arms or tentacles.

Itona screamed, "It hurts."

Koro-sensei accidentally dropped him from shock, "Itona!"

"His tentacles are gnawing away at his brain." Shiro explained, "If that is the best you are capable of, the organisation will stop paying."

Shiro turned to leave, "Oh well...This is goodbye Itona."

He just left Itona on the floor writhing in pain.

Itona seemed to be nothing but a disposable pawn to him.

Just as our teacher was about to try help Itona, he jumped away and made his escape.

"What was wrong with him?" Nagisa asked.

The octopus suddenly collapsed.

"It seems the tentacles are slowly gnawing away at his brain and every time he uses them, they gnaw away more. Until eventually, well he'll die. Having powers come with a cost, whether it be big or small." I explained, going off all the information I had.

Everyone was speechless.

"At any rate, Shiro seems to have given up on Itona and he is a part of our class. So the logical thing would be to search for him and go from there." I continued.

Karma slung his arm over my shoulder, "What she said."

~*~

A few days had passed.

We did manage to find Itona again, but it was a trap.

I don't think even Itona knew about it.

Shiro took Itona away again only to discard him.

Koro-sensei managed to remove his tentacles.

And I had a heart to heart with Itona.

It felt better for someone other than Karma to know.

~*~

Itona was cowering there, not wanting his tentacles to be removed.

I approached him, no one else was around so we could talk in private.

Sitting beside him, I began talking, "You're from the lab right?"

He nodded, "Wait...you're the Y/n from the lab."

"Yeah, I've been hiding from them for years." I smiled, "I won't let the lab take you away. We can both be safe together. Though, you have to get your tentacles removed, if you go on like this you'll die. You can be strong, you don't need to rely on them."

Itona stared at me silently.

"You can rely on us, your class and you can rely on me. We can get through all this together. If the lab finds us, we'll beat the shit outta them okay?" I smiled kindly.

Tears dropped down Itona's chin, "Thank you. This is the first time, someone has been kind and wanted to protect me."

I reached for his trembling hand and held it in mine, squeezing it reassuringly.

"You're like the sister I never had."

"Yeah? I'll protect you as the little brother I never had!"

~*~

_____________________________________
552 words

A/n 2 chapters in one day lucky you! There wasn't much Karma in this but like...
Itona 🥺