Ch.27 Karma vs Nagisa

~Y/n pov~

"I'm not sure if it's possible, but I think instead of killing Koro-sensei, we should try to save him." Nagisa smiled at us.

"By finding a way to stop him self detonating?"

"Where do we start?"

The bluenette looked down, "I don't know, yet."

"Yeah I'm in."

A few agreements chorused throughout the students.

"I really hate to be the one who spoils the mood, but I'm against it." Rio spoke up, "We're assassins and he's our target. That's our bond. Not killing him would defeat the purpose."

I'm sure a lot of us feel the same as Rio.

I don't think there is a way to save him, it would be nice to be able to save him, but that's just wishful thinking.

This will all end one way or another, but both outcomes include the octopus' death.

Both sides started arguing, while I preferred to stay out of it.

Karma cut in, "Always the talented ones, huh? Figuring whatever the odds, in the end things will always work out. Wow, listen to you, getting a tad too full of yourself there chief."

"Huh?"

"Granted, you're the most gifted one in our class." Karma continued, "Seriously, we should just up and abandon the whole assassination plan? What about the underdogs ? Those who work themselves so hard in order to get by. How are we supposed to feel."

I could tell the mischievous boy was getting angrier by the second.

"Between you and me, you're the better assassin." Nagisa interjected.

Karma frowned, "Okay, just hearing you talk like that pisses me off even more. You know what your problem is Nagisa? You've got no respect for how hard it is for everyone that isn't you."

"Where is this coming from?! I'm just telling you how I feel!" Nagisa yelled at him.

"Assassinating him is what this class is based on and you're just trying to find a loophole. You want to undermine what Koro-sensei had done!?" Karma was yelling now, he had completely lost his cool, "Or do you have the mind and the body of a ten year old?"

Nagisa shot Karma a dark look, but Karma shot him one right back.

"What's with that look?" Karma provoked, "Feel like you can take on a lion?"

"No, I.." Nagisa was cut off my Karma whacking him in the face.

"Got something to say? Kick my ass for once and you can say whatever you like. Don't be shy, what are you afraid of?" Karma stalked towards Nagisa, while Nagisa backed away, "Let's settle this like men."

The red head kept shoving the bluenette backwards.

Nagisa jumped up and got Karma in a choke hold.

Karma was struggling to breathe but still managed to throw him off.

Some of our classmates jumped into action, restraining both Karma and Nagisa.

Nagisa flailed weakly in Sugino's hold, however there were five people barely restraining Karma.

I stood in front of Karma, a shadow cast over my eyes, "I know how you feel Karma, Rio and Terasaka too. But calm the fuck down. Beating each other up isn't going to get us anywhere, just forcing our views on others. Calm down okay."

Karma clenched his teeth, struggling some more before finally giving up.

"You're right, I'm sorry."

They released Karma as he was no longer resisting.

Koro-sensei arranged for us to have a battle, everyone had to pick a side.

Of course, I picked the same side as Karma, I may not fully agree but I will support his decision.

We had a few hours before we were starting the game.

There was one lesson and then lunch and then we were holding the game in the afternoon.

~*~

As soon as lunch hit, Karma grabbed my arm and dragged me into the forest.

His grip on my hand remained, "I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I completely lost my cool and I almost hit you aswell."

I smiled, placing my hand on Karma's head and gently ruffling his hair, "It's okay. I- I love you."

His cheeks turned the same colour as his hair, "I love you too, more than anything."

Tears escaped from his eyes as I was suddenly pulled into a tight hug, Karma burying his head in my shoulder.

His quiet sobs filled the clearing, as I gently stoked his back, trying to calm him.

Eventually, he did calm down and we spent the rest of lunch together, until it was time.

~*~

The goal was to achieve the other teams flag.

I watched from the shadows, people on both sides were being taken out.

Both Karma and Nagisa were in and we were down to the last few.

This is mostly between Karma and Nagisa, I'm not needed here.

I let myself be defeated and walked to the cliff with everyone else.

From the cliff, we could clearly see both Karma and Nagisa about to engage in a fight.

I stood away from the rest of the group and no one dared to approach me.

Perhaps they were scared I would snap just like Karma did.

Whatever the outcome, I feel like the overall outcome of this all won't change, only the path to get there.

~*~

"So it's one on one now?" Karma threw up his knife and caught it, "Fine by me."

Nagisa moved into the shadows when Karma looked away.

Karma walked into the middle of the clearing, "Hey Nagisa! Put down the gun and come on out, we'll settle this with blades."

The bluenette complied and came out of his hiding spot.

They stared each other down for a second, before finally making their move.

Both of them were evenly matched, having skills in different areas.

The battle was long, both of them getting various injuries.

In the end, Karma surrendered and decided to head Nagisa out.

~*~

_____________________________________
1002 words

A/n I didn't want to write out the full fight so I just summarised it instead. The end of this story is nearing.