23: confrontation

Kim Heechul's...

We finally arrived at the hospital. I was about to go out of my car but I can see how nervous Mrs. Hirai is. I can't blame her since it's been so long since she last saw Momo's father. "Ahjumma?" I asked. "W-waeyo?" She said and seemed aloof when she realized that we are already in front of the hospital. "We're here." I said to her. I can sense how nervous she is with her expression right now. I tried to comfort her and said, "Ahjumma, be strong. I'm here for you. This is for Momo." She looked at me seriously and eventually felt relieved. Then, she gave me a smile and said, "Okay. I can do this. Let's go."

We went straight to Momo's ward and saw Momo's classmates. Sana, Mark, Joy, Sungjae and Jimin are left. We both saw how well Momo is doing despite of dislocating her right foot. Mrs. Hirai gave them a warm smile and greeted them, "Aigoo, hello everyone!" When they saw us both entering the ward, the squad immediately bowed amd greeted us in return. Mrs. Hirai spoke again, "Thank you for visiting my Momo here in the hospital." Sana smiled to her and said, "Oh, it's nothing, ahjumma. We're always here for Momo." Joy spoke after her and said, "As much as we wanted to stay longer, we couldn't because we have a spprts fest to attend to. Goodbye, ahjumma." Mrs. Hirai agreed and said, "Yeah sure. Your parents might find you soon. Goodbye!"

Hirai Momo's...

When my classmates already went home, mom suddenly hugged me. I knew that she's going to react like this. Mom must have been so worried. I faced her and said, "Eomma, chusamnida." Honestly, when I said to her those words, I couldn't look at her. I am too embarrassed also to the fact that Mr. Kim is standing beside me. "It's okay, Momo. As long as you're fine, everything's going to be alright. It's a good thing that Mr. Kim came here to help." she said while looking at him. Now that I think about it, Heechul's been here for me ever since I sprained my ankle and even insisted to send me here in this hospital. He had done so much for me. I am starting to feel grateful and it's making me love even more. I faced Heechul and smiled at him, "T-thank you so much, Kim seonsaengnim. You helped me again due to my carelessness. I am sorry also for causing you so much trouble." Heechul suddenly sat beside me. It made my heart beat again. He shpwed his gorgeous smile and said, "I am your teacher, Momo. Of course, I'll do anything... for you." With those words, it makes me want to think if he really meant it as my teacher... or as a man already. He looked at me with his loving brown eyes. I can't help myself but to drawn myself in his gaze. I also feel quite thankful if this didn't happen to me, I wouldn't have another moment with him like this!!! Kyaaaaahhhh!!!

/ seriously, Momo? *insert face palm* /

"Momo!!!" mom shouted.

"W-wae?!" I said. Gosh, that was too much. I was distracted again by Heechul, aaaahhh this is so embarrassing!

"Are you hungry?" Mom asked.

I nodded and rubbed my belly. "Umm, yes, mom. Can you buy me some jokbal?"

Mom rolled her eyes and said, "Seriously, jokbal? Again? Where will I find jokbal here?"

Heechul laughed and answered her, "There is jokbal near the hospital, ma'am. It is beside the cafe." With that, mom nodded and went on her way.

Heechul and I were left alone with an awkward silence between us. Then, he stood up and started to investigate my room. He stopped at the window and was astonished to see how beautiful the night view is. "Heol, the city looks amazing with the lights and stars surrounding it. Your room looks like a hotel, haha. If I didn't know that we're i  the hospital, I wouldn't think otherwise." he said while laughing. I rolled my eyes and answered him, "Ohh, so you wanted a reservation then? Want me to call some room service then?" He turned around, sat next to me and said, "You're taking my gag too well, haha!"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim."

"You really don't need to say that, Momo."

"What can I do to repay you? You've been so good to me." Sometimes, you're gestures makes me wanna feel that you're doing it for me not as a teacher... but as a boyfriend.

"There is something that you can do. Promise me that you will be here for one week and recover as soon as possible. Arraseo?"

"O-okay. I promise." I said to him and smiled. Heechul patted my head and said, "That's my girl."

Seriously, will he stop doing that? It will really make me misunderstand his intentions. Aish, jinjja.

We were both giggling until we stopped and stared at each other's eyes. I got to be honest, he has been getting more and  more gorgeous through time. Little did I know that our faces getting closer.

Is it finally going to happen?! Is he going to kiss me?!

But then, we were interrupted when Heechul's phone suddenly rang. DANG IT!!! "I'll answer this first." he said and went outside. Argh, jinjja!!!! Of all times, why does he have to receive a call right now?! "I'll just go the canteen instead. All these frustrations are making me hungry!

I started to get my clutches and went straight to the canteen.

Kim Heechul's...

Was I about to kiss Momo for real? Maldo andwae. Jinjja, maldo andwae.

"Hello?" Oh yeah, I was on a phone call with someone.

"Yes, Mr. Lee Sooman, how may I help you?"

"I need to have the written outputs for the sports fest tomorrow morning. Okay?"

"Okay, Mr. Lee. I'll give it to you tomorrow."

When the call ended, I started to walk and go back to Momo's room. I can't believe myself for what happened to earlier. Seriously, Heechul? Are you out of your fucking mind?

When I returned to the room, I was surprised that Momo wasn't here. "Eh? Where did she go? Her foot is not yet in the right condition for her to move around! Aish, jinjja."

I started to look around the hallway. When I was about to go the other wing, I heard a familiar voice.

"I CANNOT ACCEPT THIS!!!"

Huh? Is that Momo?

I went to the canteen and saw her standing where Mrs. Hirai and Doctor Hirai is and they are sitting at a table. Momo looks so shocked and hurt at the same time.

"WHO ARE YOU TO COME BACK IN OUR LIVES LIKE NOTHING EVER HAPPENED? YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER! I DON'T HAVE A FATHER!!!"