special #3 - lost in paradise (part 1)

NOTE: 

I'm sorry for being in a hiatus for nearly two months. While I was busy preparing for the college entrance exams and studying in advance for the upcoming classes, believe me, I tried thinking of what's going to happen next in this story but instead, I really had a hard time. I kept on writing and revising but eventually started all over again because I don't want to give you a trashy story. I suddenly felt discontented with whatever plot I'm doing because I don't want to disappoint y'all. So, to make it up to you, I decided to make this special chapter into three parts. Please stay tuned for more! Thank you for staying and not giving up on this. You guys are the reason why I want to keep going. I love you and keep safe from COVID-19!

          --- A MONTH PASSED BY IN JUST A BLINK OF AN EYE. After winning the sports fest, the seniors are back from reality. They're bombarded by countless of thesis defenses, written reports, and performance tasks. In just a span of three weeks, you can see how restless they are. During free period, they do not even have the time to have a chat for they are busy on passing their projects prior to the said deadlines. Meanwhile, it's lunch time. Momo and Sana are spending their time at the school field. Sana ordered some black noodles and it will arrive in a few minutes. While they are waiting for their food, Momo cannot help herself but sigh. Sana can see how troubled her best friend is. She knows how tired they both were and they deserve a break from all this madness. Sana tried to cheer her. She clung on to her shoulder and said, "Hey, we only have a few months to go, arraseo? We can do this! FIGHTING!" Momo smiled and joined her, "Yeah, you're right. I just hope that I still have a lot of energy left to do this. We should have at least a quick getaway or something!" Sana's eyes widened and agreed, "OMG! You're right. Hmm, let's do it this Christmas?" Momo smiled and nodded, "I would love that!" With that, they're black noodles arrived just in time and they ate their lunch happily.

Another hour passed by and their Literature class just ended. Free period is next and they can finally finish everything that's left for them to do. When they are about to group themselves, a knock was heard from the door. Yugyeom opened it and the whole class was surprised to see Heechul entering the classroom. In the past three weeks, Heechul did not show himself at free period because he knows how busy his class is. Today is different and you can see how shock they are. Heechul laughed at their reaction. He slowly walked to his desk and put down his things. He looked at them and jokingly asked, "Am I not allowed anymore coming here in this class?" Seungkwan answered him at the back, "Ani, it's just... we're glad to see you again in this class after three weeks." Sungjae agreed, "We missed you so much, Mr. Kim!" Heechul smiled and thought how much he missed his kids too. He knows that his class is putting everything in the line in every task that they do. The class does not know how proud he is to them. Taeyong asked him suddenly in a silly manner and said, "Hey teach, umm... could you ask our other teachers to extend the deadlines of our projects?" He even did aegyo in front of him that made the whole class die in laughter. Heechul pitied him and said, "Unfortunately, I cannot do that. The only thing that you can do is to manage your time. I know that you can all do your projects successfully. Of course, you're my advisory class! There's nothing that you can do!"

He continued, "I know that you're very busy as of the moment. I only went here today to have an announcement to make aside from checking you out. It will only take a few minutes." With that cue, everyone went back to their seats to listen to what Heechul is about to say. "This coming week, we will be having a retreat in Jeju Island for three days and two nights. You are advised to bring clothes and other necessities. I will also be distributing your permits today. These will serve as a note whether you are allowed to go or not. The deadline for returning it will be next Thursday. Have I made myself clear?" Heechul said. Instead of receiving a reply, the whole class went quiet. Heechul asked them again, "Umm, guys? Have I made myself clear?" Yugyeom raised his hand, "Teach, what is a retreat? What are we going to do in Jeju?" Heechul was shocked to hear that kind of question. He cannot help himself but ask, "Are you kidding me? You have not yet experienced a retreat?" The whole class nodded as a reply, it's as if their first time to hear such a word.