25: the ice princess

Hirai Momo's...

It's been five days since knowing that my doctor (who's currently in charge of me) is my long lost father. Can't you imagine that? After knowing that revelation from their own mouths, all I could ever remember is how hurt I was.

I also know that the sports fest is doing well despite of my absence from the team. I don't have much of a role there anyway so I think it's okay. Sana keeps on updating me about it. She also says that we are currently on the lead in the women's volleyball. With that, it makes me feel happy a little bit.

If I hadn't been clumsy enough and ended up at this state, I wouldn't have known him. It makes me so angry. Just the thought of his presence everyday, it makes me feel irritable. The only problem here is his work. I can't get away from him because of his stupid profession. Out of all the doctors here in South Korea, why him?!

...like right now

I am currently having a check-up with him. He told me to sit and get up from my bed. Mom is silently watching us though I can still sense that she feels sorry to me.

"Okay, Momo. Try to slowly lift your feet up." my so-called FATHER says.

I can't even look at him.

Mom suddenly spoke up and said, "Momo, please listen to him. This will be better for your quick recovery."

I sighed and said, "Fine, all of this will end soon if I humbly cooperate, right? DOCTOR?" I asked and emphasized the last word while looking at him with disgust.

He quickly looked away and said, "Y-yes. You'll be fine as long as you cooperate."

That's good then. I've been experiencing hell anyway since I've got here. Everything will end once I quickly follow what he tells me and so that I can quickly go away.

After the check-up, he talked to mom and told her those medical shits regarding to my foot's condition. I don't even want to hear it anyway. After that, he went on his way.

Finally! I can go back to bed!

Then, mom slowly approached me and sat on one of the chairs. She looked at me apologetically, "Honey, I'm very sorry."

While hearing those words from her, I can't help also but to feel guilty. Mom had been so strong while raising me up alone. I wonder how she felt after all those years? Because of my curiosity, I turned around. But to my surprise, I can see how teary-eyed she is. I asked, "Eo-eomma? Why are you crying?"

She wiped her tears, stroked my hair and spoke, "I know how hurt you are, Momo. Trust me, I know what you're feeling. However, there's a reason why your father left us. Please understand him once you're ready to talk to him. I can't watch the two of you looking awkward and somehow distant to each other."

I started to feel angry. I slowly get up and said, "What? You want me to understand him? Mom, are you hearing yourself?! He's the one who left us after all these years and you're just going to tell me to accept him like nothing ever happened?!" She felt shocked with my sudden outburst. I continued, "I'm done with this mom. I don't even know that he's actually my father! I'm tired."

My tears started to fall. I quickly get my clutches and started to walk away, leaving my mom all alone inside the ward.

All of them are making it hard for me. Enough of this nonsense.

I quickly went to the elevator and pressed the number where the rooftop is. I need to calm down and get some fresh air.

Kim Heechul's...

After giving the awards for the winning teams in the sports fest, I quickly went to the hospital where Momo is. I wonder how she is? She'll surely be happy once she knows that they've won in the cheer dance competition.

Besides, I missed her.

Hold up, you guys might misunderstand. Of course, it's my job to let her know that they've achieved something as a teacher, right? No one should be left behind.

I started the engine of my car and started to drive all the way to SuJu Hospital.

After arriving to the hospital, I quickly got the jokbal with me and went straight to Momo's ward. But to my surprise, I can only see Mrs. Hirai all alone there. I asked, "Ahjumma? Hello. Where's Momo? Is she on a check-up?"

She slowly turned around and greeted me happily, "Aigoo, hello there Kim Heechul-ssi. I don't know where she went. Could you find and get her? I'll be back in a few hours to get some errands. I'll just go get something, arraseo?" she said and walked away.

She seemed very gloomy and tired. I wonder if she still rests despite of everything. With Mrs. Hirai's instructions,  I quickly went around the hospital and started to search for Momo. Aish, this kid! She knows that she's still not well and now she's roaming around the hospital without a company. What if she gets hurt? Aigoo jinjja, I'll really scold her once I found her.

First, I searched in the canteen. Maybe she's buying some food because she is a big eater anyway. When I arrived at the canteen, she was not there. I tried to look in the garden but she's not in sight. I waited in front of the ladies' comfort room but she did come out.

Where is that kid? I even bought jokbal for her.

Huh, I think I know now.

I quickly went to the elevator and pressed the number where the rooftop is. The jokbal is getting cold and I need to go there fast.

When the elevator slowly opened, I went straight to the stairs and climbed fast. My heart's beating so fast. I don't even know why I'm getting excited.

I slowly opened the rooftop's door and there showed a girl sitting on one of the benches and enjoying the fresh air.

"I knew it. There you are."