29: welcome back!

Hirai Momo's...

It's Sunday morning and it's a great way to start off the day. I am currently packing my stuff. Mom went here early so she's already here with me, helping me arrange my things. Then, we heard a knock on the door. We both saw Heechul and my dad. They were both laughing at each other. Hmm, since when did they become so comfortable to each other? Dad greeted us and said, "Good morning to these gorgeous ladies." I happily gave him a hug. We were all giggly and happy seeing each other.

Mom can't help but to feel surprised to what she is currently seeing right now, including Heechul. Mom smiled and said, "I was only out here for one day and now I'm seeing you both so happy." Heechul asked my father and said, "I'm sorry but what happened?" Dad and I only exchanged some knowing looks and laughed it off.

While we were busy arranging my things, Heechul suddenly offered himself to ride us home using his car. Mom opposed because he already did so much for our family. I can't help but to agree though. Is he still concerned as a teacher for doing these things to me?

Or is it now something else?

I was about to decline his offer but dad happily said to him, "Thanks for the generosity, Kim Heechul-ssi. If I didn't know that you were in fact, my daughter's teacher, I would actually think that she's your girlfriend."

OH MY GOD. Seriously, Dad?! I threw a pillow to him and denied him immediately, "Dad, what are you talking about? He's my teacher! I respect him a lot." Aish, I know for sure that my cheeks are burning red right now. Why does he have to say unnecessary things in front of him? I feel so embarrased. I don't even want to look at him.

When we were about to go, Dad stopped at the entrance of the hospital. Huh, is he not coming with us? Mom asked him, "Are you coming back and live with us from now on?" Dad smiled and said, "I'm sorry, honey. Duty calls. Once I settle everything, I'll be with you from now on." Then, he hugged us. "You don't know how happy I am to see you all again. Trust me, I'll be with you soon."

It's a relief that dad is doing his best to make me happy. Besides, he promised me that he will never leave us again. I am holding on to that. I smiled to him and said goodbye. But dad tapped my shoulder and said, "Don't say goodbye. Instead, say "See you again soon!". It makes me feel at ease because I know that we will meet again."

Oh, Dad...

I replied, "Okay. See you again soon. I love you, dad!"

"I love you too, Momo."

When Heechul was finished packing our bags at the back of the car, he asked if we were ready to go. With that, we went on our way home.

We finally arrived to our house. Mom asked him if he could stay for lunch. But Heechul humbly declined and said, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Hirai. I have to go back to school immediately. We have a faculty meeting in a few hours. But I appreciate the offer. I'll get going then."

On the other hand, I assured mom that it's okay since Heechul's been very busy at the moment. With that, we went inside the house.

Oh my goodness, everything feels so new when I stepped inside. Hmm, so this is what it feels like to be away in the house for almost a week? I mean, yes, it's only a week but I missed it a lot!!! It feels great to be home again. Well, you guys know the saying... "There's no place like home."

I carefully put my clutched aside and slowly walked through the living room and sat on one of the chairs. Yup, it finally sunk in that I'm really home. Mom yelled from the kitchen and said, "Momo, I'll be making lunch today!"

Aaahhhh, the usual. Mom is going to be cooking for our meals. I missed this. I replied happily and said, "Okay, mom! I'll leave it to you!"

It feels so great to be back in school again. I missed a lot including the sports fest. Oh well, guess I'll ask my classmates on everything that happened last week. Waahhh, I missed them so much!

I quietly knocked at the door. I was supposed to surprise them but when I entered the classroom, Taeyong popped a confetti on my face. Sana, Mark, Joy, Sungjae and the rest of 12-B happily welcomed me inside. "WELCOME BACK, MOMO!!!" They all said in unison. I was so happy to see them again after a week!

I quickly put my bag in my seat and returned to them. "Aaww, thank you guys! How are you?" I looked at Sana, hit her shoulder and pouted, "Yahh, why haven't you visited your bestfriend for at least once?"

Sana hugged me in return, "Aaww you pabo! We were really busy at the sports fest and were so tired that's why we didn't visit."

"We're very sorry, Momo. We didn't mean to. We were all worried about you." Joy said.

I smiled at them and replied, "Haha, I was just kidding. I totally understand you. Besides, I was the one who's supposed to say sorry. Because of my stupid injury, we only placed first place. We could've been champions." I bowed at them, "Mianhe, yeoreobeun."

Yugyeom entered the conversation and said, "No, Momo. You're wrong about that. Don't worry, we may not be the champions but..." Then, he slowly showed a shiny gold thing in front of me. Wait, it's a trophy?! What for?! Yugyeom smiled and continued, "WE'RE THE CHAMPIONS FOR THR CHEER DANCE COMPETITION!!!" The whole squad cheered and yelled. Oh yeah, Heechul told me about this but I didn't know that we have a trophy! Wahhh, this is big!

Mark looked at my foot and asked, "Is your foot now okay?" I happily danced in front of them to let them see how well I am. "I am ready to dance again, haha!" Then, Sungjae tapped my shoulder and said, "We wouldn't have got this without you, Momo. We have to celebrate!!!"

Jaehyun walked in front of us with a smile on his face. "How about a noraebang after school?" He suggested. The whole squad shouted and agreed.

Well, this is going to be a fun day.

---

Guess what the 3rd special chapter is about! Stay tuned~ 🤗