27: realization

Hirai Momo's...

Heechul and I are both silent inside the elevator. Both of us do not want to ruin this heavy atmosphere that is surrounding between us. It's also my first time to see Heechul crying because of his story that he told me. I honestly do not know how to feel. All I know is that when he started to tell the story about his mother, I suddenly thought of... dad. I really don't know why. Aish, this is making me feel confused. What is Heechul trying to tell me?

When the elevator opened, we started to walk back in my room. We saw mom fixing my bed. She turned around and finally acknowledged our presence. Mom came running to me, hugged me and said, "Oh my goodness! Thank God that you are alright! Where have you been?!" I can sense that mom is really worried about me. I looked at Heechul. He is giving me the "you-can-do-it" and "everything's-going-to-be-fine" face. I turned to mom and said, "Mom, I'm fine! I just went to the rooftop. That's all." She pouted, "Still, you should've told me and didn't just went away like that."

She faced Heechul and smiled, "Thanks for bringing back, Momo." He answered, "You're always welcome, Mrs. Hirai." Then, I went back to bed and slept for awhile.

After two hours, I woke up. I was surprised to see that Heechul is still here. In fact, he is reading a book. He looked at me and was glad to see that I woke up. He walked slowly and greeted me with his gorgeous smile, "Hello, Momo." I replied, "Hello. I'm surprised that you're still here." He put the book on the table and sat next to me. "Of course. I will not just leave you especially to what happened earlier." He said.

"So, are you feeling better?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, a little."

He chuckled at the thought. "Hahaha, you're really cute, Momo." He said and raffled my hair again.

I felt irritated and said, "Aish! You really like to do that, huh?"

He put out his phone and started to find something. "Here, I'll let you see some pictures of me and my mom."

"Waahhhh jinjja??" I suddenly got excited and carefully got up from my bed then sat next to him. Then, I checked the time and saw that it's already 7 PM. Huh? I slept way too long. I asked him, "Wait, have you eaten dinner?" He was busy finding the pics and replied, "No, I'm still not hungry. Let's eat together later." Seriously, Heechul haha! You're so cute. You're acting like a concerned boyfriend these past few months already.

Kyeopta.

"Ahh, here it is!" He said and gave his phone to me. I kept on scrolling the pics from his phone. He looks so sweet with his mother. After knowing that he's not that expressive towards his mom, I think that he silently shows her how much he loves her. You know, the typical "actions speak louder than words"? I kept on smiling while looking at the photos. When I was finished, I gave him back his phone. "You were so sweet and had a memorable bond with your mother. It's nice to see this kind of side from you." He put his phone back on his pocket and replied back, "Yeah. I usually do not let people see these pictures, haha!"

"Woah really? Then why did you let me see it?" Let me guess. Am I special to him? It is not wrong to think that way, right? Does he even know that I like him?

"I... uh..." he said and scratched his head. Hahaha! He's so cute! But he continued, "Oh yeah, the reason why I wanted to let you see these is because I want you to remind you that you should spend your time with your parents. As long as they're still with you, you should shower them with love. Remember, the one that I kept on saying to you earlier at the rooftop?"

Huh, oh really? "Okay then." Is all I could ever say. Then, I received a text message from my mom. "Heenim, my mom says that she won't be coming back tonight. Instead, she'll come and fetch me tomorrow." Heechul nodded and said, "Okay, guess I'll be just be here with you then---"

The door suddenly opened and we saw my dad entering inside. Heechul looked at me with an assuring look and held my hand. As much as I want to feel giidy because of his sudden gesture, I can't. But I can feel his sincerity and I think he really wants me to reconcile with him. Heechul stood up and picked his bag. Wait, what is he doing?! "Doc, I'll be going home then." He turned to me and said, "See you tomorrow, Momo." He waved and exited the room.

Wait!!! What is he up to?!

My dad sat on one of the chairs and started writing on his clipboard. This is really awkward!!! What should I do?! Then, he suddenly spoke, "Momo, let me see your foot." I carefully lifted up my foot to him and he started observing my foot's condition. "Looks like you're ready to walk again. Just don't move around too much tonight." He said casually. Why did he suddenly turned... cold? His voice sounds like a monotone. He stands up and looked at me, "Congratulations on your discharge for tomorrow." He said and slowly walked away.

Then, Heechul's words suddenly came to my mind.

I want to tell you that you should take this opportunity to show how much you love your parents.

Maybe it's time to forgive him?

You can't stay angry forever especially to your dad. Besides, he is still your father.

He's right. He is still my father.

Tell your parents how lucky you are to have them.

I'm still lucky that I get to find him after thirteen years.

Talk to your father and fix what you have to fix before it is too late.

It's time to fix this once and for all. For my family's sake and for my own good!

"Wait!!!" I said and turned my face to his direction. "Can we talk for a second?"

That's right. You can do this, Momo!!!