Chapter 14

Terrified would be the right word to express how I'm feeling now.

Sweating every inch of my body and still as a statue petrified.

The three sets of eyes emerged from the forest and revealed themselves, pressing up against the glass window and peering into the living room, staring right at me. I was correct; all three were werewolves. Their eyes just as magical as the black wolf in my nightmare, like priceless diamonds twinkling in the light.

I have no idea how Alaric was still asleep; I was crushing his hand as hard as I could to try and wake him, unable to go through this terror alone.

I prayed with every fibre in my being that the glass was thick and unbreakable because I am really not in the mood to be feast upon by three massive wolves, tearing me apart in front of Alaric and ruining his lovely carpet. But the thing that made it worse was the thought of them coming after him, feasting upon him when they're finished with me, as I'm sure they would still be hungry as I'm mostly just bones, an appetiser if you will.

I was beginning to hyperventilate. The three sets of eyes didn't blink once nor rip their gaze away from me. It was the most bizarre situation I have ever encountered; this goes to the top of my list with the wolf in my hospital room, another incident involving a bloody wolf.

I know Alaric lives in the middle of nowhere, but I was starting to believe there was more creatures and wolves than there were people, I'm not even exaggerating.

I had met three doctors, Caleb and Alaric since being here, that was it. I have encountered four wolves so far, but I had a strong feeling, I would be meeting many more.

Alaric was still snoring his head off and trapped in his dreamland to help me, and I knew he wouldn't wake up no matter how hard I tried, I would have to face this alone. I couldn't scream for Caleb, and even then he wouldn't hear me. I was spiralling quick, and I had no control over it.

I was clutching Alaric's arm with a death grip, breathing extremely deeply and constantly blinking to see if I was dreaming or having one of my hallucinations. I was a total mess, and if I weren't able to control myself soon, I would pass out for sure.

Looking back at the three wolves, I could see them parting slightly, two wolves parting to the left and the other parting to the right as if they were making room for one more. This was not helping my raging anxiety; I was clutching my throat for breath and scratching in panic, not being able to breathe.

Through teary and tired eyes, I witnessed another figure emerging through the trees. The human strolled confidently through the opening and stood beside the wolves as if they weren't there; she had a brown pixie haircut with blond streaks going through it, and she was wearing tattered long shorts and a basic black top.

She was stunning, even in the old clothing that looked like it belonged to a male. She stood with her head held high and a smile adorning her lips, looking pleased as she stared right at me, along with her furry friends.

Time was ticking by for me, and I knew I was fading into unconsciousness. Before my head fell back and my eyes shut for good, I saw the girl press her hands against the glass and look closer into the room, that same smile on her face and etched into my mind permanently.

***

I was moving, that was for sure. I also felt wet in places.

I regained my consciousness like a slap to the face when I felt my head bashed against the trunk of a tree, specs of bark sprinkling against my face and my brain rebooting.

"Ah! the Luna is alive once again!" A cheery feminine voice squealed, making my ears twitch at the high pitch, not used to such a squeaky sound.

I blinked my eyes open and found myself upside down and moving. Blood was gushing to my head from rocking back and forth upside down, and my feet had gone numb in the uncomfortable position.