Chapter 22

Meeting Alaric's father was overall...interesting to say the least. 

I don't know anything about Alaric's childhood, so I never knew what to expect when meeting his father, but I didn't imagine it would be quite that awkward, very awkward in fact.

I know Alaric will explain his family to me soon, it's only fair that I know about his past too, no matter how messed up it is, I mean could it be any worse than mine?

"Girl snap out of it; I have so much to show you today!" Jessie squealed, shoving her hand in mine as we skipped through the forest together, the wind blowing our hair back and smiling like lunatics.

I really missed Jessie. I adore spending time with Alaric, but it feels so good to get out of the house for a while, seeing another person to hang out with and talk too, its a refreshing change.

Looking towards my right where Jessie bobbed up and down, I tilted my head to the side and gave her an uneasy look, trying to ask where the heck she was dragging me too and if I should be worried.

"My friend, we are going shopping, you need your own clothes and not dress like your man every day with his stink," Jessie stated with a chuckle, making my cheeks redden at the comment.

Before I could grab my notepad to respond to Jessie, a sweaty man with baggy blue shorts came sprinting our way through the trees, making me cringe back with my hands up and Jessie's expression turn from excited to livid in half a second.

"Kai what the hell are you doing here?!" Jessie scolded, grabbing his ear in her sharp claws and yanking his head down to her height, her eyes enraged with fury.

"Oww stop Jessie! I'm sorry. Henry blew me off to be with his mate, and I caught your scents, thought you might have an opening for one more in your squad." Kai bit out in pain, wincing at Jessie's ruthless grip.

"Damn it, Kai. Alpha gave me strict orders to hang out with Willow alone." Jessie stated sassily; however, a hint of playfulness came through in her tone.

Grabbing my notepad hastily with shaking hands, I scribble down my thoughts, hating that I can't just voice them and make everyone's life so much easier.

"I'd like Kai to join us, Jessie, he can help us shop." I wrote, holding it out in front of me with a nervous smile, always afraid of peoples reactions to things.

I didn't know anything about Kai and have only met him once when he carried me in his mouth, which was a very eventful morning might I add. But I got a good gut feeling about the boy, he always had a smile on his muzzle and seemed like a genuinely nice person, a protector. Why not have him tag along just for a while? This is a great chance for me to open up to new people and share some trust for once, I need to make some friends for the first time in my life, and I can finally tick it off my to do before I die list.

"Ugh fine but if this doofus pisses off your man, then I'm not baring the consequences," Jessie replied, sending Kai a death stare but grabbing ahold of my arm gently and moving forward, a massive smile on Kai's face.

"Thank you, Luna, I like you way more than this old cow, do me a favour and try and dig out her sense of humour if she has one." Kai murmured beside me with a cheeky smile, running on my other side and resting his hand on my shoulder. He startled me with the unnatural touch and making me slightly nervous, but I pushed the feelings down, Kai was Jessie's friend and seemingly harmless.

I went to grab my notepad again out my back pocket; only I wasn't concentrating where I was going and tripped on a sharp rock sticking out the ground, making me lurch forward and taking both my newly acquainted friends down with me.