Chapter 21

No amount of words could describe what I just saw. 

The mass of burning pain that ran through my veins as I looked inside my beautiful mate's mind, the evil and darkness inside her head was intoxicating, and I felt myself sinking further and further down into a pit of oblivion.

I have never felt so much darkness before.

Even though I don't have the perfect family nor have I had a smooth ride through life, I have never experienced such loneliness and isolation.

I have looked deep into many minds in my lifetime, but I have never come across a mind that invited me in with such wickedness and evilness into its abyss.

I knew Willow didn't come from a safe home and has some deep scars within her, but I would never have guessed her start in life was this cruel and rough.

My baby's been to hell and back, her wings plucked and caged away from sight, but now that I'm in the picture, I am letting her wings fly freely without any chains to hold her down.

Tears had gathered in my eyes by the finale memory, feeling like I had seen Willow's full life flash before my eyes like a movie, each memory getting worse than the last.

Unconsciously I felt my arms tighten considerably around Willow's frame, pushing her into my body like I was trying to hide her in it, away from those despicable humans known as her parents, truly the worst people I have ever come across.

I felt Willow whimper in my arms; her emotions clouding her thoughts and finally blocking me out. I released my arms immediately, thinking I was crushing my poor mate and I hurt her in the process. Yet just as I let go and released my arms, Willow's cries echoed louder around the trees, scaring the birds away.

"Don't let go-o please-e." Willow cried in her mind, tears trembling her body erratically and her hands quivering, trying to pry my arms back around her.

Acting quickly, I encased my arms back around my brave mate and held her as close to my chest as possible, tilting her head to rest in my neck, making her feel much more comfortable and protected.

I rocked us slowly back and forth on the ledge of this crystal clear lake, gazing as the sun hit the water and lit up the scene around us. A very romantic setting for a dark, sinister conversation.

Willow cried into my neck for some time, holding me close while her tears soaked through my shirt, calming the rage burning through my veins, wanting to crush those two humans she calls parents in my fist and turn them to dust, giving Willow the satisfaction of dumping their pathetic ashes in the lake to be forgotten, discarded never to be thought about again, just as they did to her.

"Baby I'm so proud of you," I whispered against my angel's ear, rubbing her back and kissing her head, truly worshipping the beauty in my arms.

How did I deserve this girl? She is alluring and perfect in every way possible; I must be in the Moon Goddesses good books to be blessed with the purest angel created.

Willow's cries seemed to intensify at my words, wailing and quivering like a lost little puppy, but my baby wasn't lost anymore, she will never be alone again as long as I'm breathing.

After an hour of rocking Willow in my arms and calming her down, she graced me with her angelic features and leaned up to face me, seeming to let every emotion out her system.

"Now that you've seen it all, who I really am, can I still stay?" Willow asked timidly in her mind, looking up at me with fright and nervousness in her hazel eyes, making a deep frown cross my face that I couldn't help but direct towards her.