Chapter 15

"Stop. Right. There." Alaric boomed, each word pronounced with venom and his eyes had a blazing fire in them, a fire that would burn us shortly to ash. 

He looked an absolute mess. His hair was even wilder than I last saw him, his top had gone, and he was only wearing shorts, revealing his defined eight pack and muscles that made me gulp at the sight.

It was his eyes and voice that scared everyone the most. That fire and anger burned through each of them, making everyone stop still and never take their eyes off the ground, afraid to get burnt.

I, however, saw through his wrath and fury. He was stressed and pained as he looked down at me, his shoulders were actually slumped, and his eyes looked tired behind the immediate outrage. I was the only one who looked up to him, and I gave him a pleading look, not liking the wolves dribble, running down my skin any longer and wanting to be in Alaric's arms, feeling loved and safe there.

His fuming expression turned to exhausted and relieved as he looked down at me, giving me a small tired smile. I felt awful for putting him through this, I know I couldn't help being taken, but I should've slapped Alaric or something, anything to wake him up in the first place.

Alaric turned from me to the wolf carrying me in his mouth. Alaric's eyes burned in fierceness once again and giving me chills, not knowing what was about to happen to poor Kai.

"Put her down pup." Alaric spat with such malice and hostility, glaring daggers at the wolves bowed head.

Kai followed his orders at once and lowered me gracefully, letting me rest upon the fresh grass. I looked down and saw my shredded top, there were holes scattered across the front from Kai's sharp teeth, and it made me gasp quietly, sad that Alaric will need to buy a new top to replace this one.

"Move back Kai," Alaric growled, never taking his eyes off the culprits. Kai stepped back two steps and lowered his head. Looking ashamed and angry with himself, matching the expressions of the other wolves and Jessie, only Jessie didn't look as guilty. I could tell that she enjoyed this little trip and a small part of her saw that it was worth getting caught, even if a form of punishment is brought upon her.

Alaric moved forward and scooped me up into his arms, covering the front of my body away from sight and pressing me against his bare chest, bridal style. I snuggled unconsciously into Alaric's warmth and closed my eyes, all the overexertion had caught up to me, and I needed the rest, letting my mind calm for a bit.

"My little angel," Alaric whispered against my head, kissing my forehead longingly.

Alaric's loving touch and adoring nature ended just as quickly as it started. He turned away from me to the others watching in front of us, looking bewildered and shocked at his display of affection no doubt. I could tell that Alaric knew these people, that was obvious, but how I was wondering, another question for another day.

"What you did today was stupid, you know the rules, and you know the orders I gave each of you. Willow will be introduced to you all when she is ready, and I will not tolerate people thinking they can Fastrack that process. Willow is still in a critical stage of her health, and she is in no way able to be surrounded by that level of people yet. I need you all to go back to the grounds and think about what you did, you not only have p*ssed me off considerably but delayed Willow's healing process, which angers me most of all. So prove your loyalty and stay away from Willow, for now, I will tell you when she is ready, and that's final, have I made myself clear pups?" Alaric seethed, the veins on his forehead prominent and the gravel in his voice making Jessie and the wolves look up and nod erratically, definitely learning their lesson.

"Now run." Alaric roared, not staying to see them all sprint away but instead turning on his heel in a flash and walking through the open doorway, the hinges hanging on by a thread.