Chapter 29

Willow's POV 

"Okay angel, get the blankets on the pillows ready, so we can lie down and I'll hang up the fairy lights." Alaric directed, getting hands-on with this little project of ours and seemingly enjoying himself, despite being a dominant alpha with the welfare of the pack on his broad shoulders.

The fort looked amazing! It had multiple white fuzzy blankets tied to the ceiling and draping down to create a canopy, with lights hanging on the inside, a little grey table and I was about to create the makeshift bed with long pillows and lots of blankets. I hope Alaric lets me keep this fort forever, it's located in a spare room that never gets used, so I don't see why we can't escape in here when times get tough, it's much warmer than the kitchen cupboard.

Crawling through the little doorway into the fort, I roll up my sleeves and get to work, wedging the pillows together and making it as cosy as can be. It was big enough for the both of us so you can imagine how long we had to make this fort, as Alaric's long legs would never fit.

As I finished up with my task, I couldn't help but look around in wonder, feeling immensely proud all of a sudden at how far I've come. If you told me months ago that I would escape my parents and fall into the hands of my soulmate that treats me like an equal and takes care of me till my heart wants to explode of happiness, I'd give you a strangled croaky laugh and never believe a word of your make-believe fairytale, happy endings like that only happen to princes and princesses, but boy was I wrong.

Eyeing up my handsome soulmate, I couldn't feel more grateful and happy our paths crossed. Alaric has taught me the meaning of love and real happiness and proved it with actions, making me feel so special and wanted, something I have always dreamt about as a child, being wanted by someone.

I want to give my heart and soul to Alaric and everything in me, because I feel he deserves it, he's claimed them anyway ever since the first day he brought me here, treating me with more care and attention than my parents ever had in all my years of existence.

And to those special people you find in life that make you feel alive and special, hold onto them with every ounce of power you have because its rare people like that exist in our world.

Alaric is the love of my life, and I want to give him everything.

"I-I llove-e you-u." I choked out loud, using my broken voice with a harsh sting followed soon after. The powerful burn and pain were worth the reaction it got out of Alaric, almost tripping over one of the pillows as he hung up the last light. His head turned at lightning speed, and he fell to his knees, a smile the size of his whole wolf and pack on his face, making me smile shyly at his overly elated expression.

The atmosphere surrounding us became heated and intimate. Alaric bent down and kissed my throat silently, somewhat cooling the fire burning within, directing that fire straight to my heart instead, allowing it to consume me.

"I love you too angel, so so much, but I don't want you hurting yourself saying it, your voice in my mind is special to us and non-painful for you, so I'd rather you continue that." Alaric spoke quietly, cupping my cheeks in his large hands and held me with such care and gentleness, causing a considerable blush to coat my cheeks.

I gazed into his eyes and saw gold specks coat his irises, stunned at the beautiful colour pairing with his normal piercing green eyes, I was mesmerised.

"Angel?"

"Your eyes."

"My eyes? You see gold in them?"

"Yes, they're beautiful," I said in our mind link, not being able to take my eyes off of his, hypnotised under his spell.

Still not being able to tear my gaze away from him, I decided to study each speck of gold, seeing it magnify before my very eyes and glow brighter as the seconds ticked by.