Chapter 30

Alaric's POV 

Can't a man mark his mate in peace?

Every f*cking time I want alone time with my mate, it gets ruined! Every f*cking time.

"This better be good," I growled to myself, stomping down the stairs and darting towards the front door, feeling murderous and deadly, ready to dismember whatever imbecile is at the door and returning me to my needy mate upstairs that requires my complete attention.

Ripping open the front door aggressively, I faced an irritated glare from the second last man on the planet I wanted to see right now, my father.

"Alaric, you look just as mad as I last saw you a couple of hours ago, you'll have a heart attack one day with all this anger trapped inside you," Kane said with an authoritative tone, trying to intimidate me by crossing his arms for added effect, only his attempts were futile to me, I will forever view him as a coward, and nothing will change that.

"What do you want?" I growled, cutting straight to the point.

"You embarrassed me tonight, what the hell happened?" Kane demanded, punching the doorframe with his rough knuckles and barely making a dent.

"Those humans are unwelcome in my home and land; they had it coming to them by stepping through my door. I won't apologise to you for my behaviour because it was justified, now you've said your peace you can leave," I spoke swiftly then proceeded to shut the door, only his large foot caught the door and wedged it back open, making me huff in irritation.

"Not so fast boy, tell me what on earth happened for you to try and kill them? Murdering humans is against our laws Alaric, you know better than that!"

"The laws don't apply when those very humans abused my mate for years!" I shouted in frustration, getting into my father's face and squinting my eyes down at him, letting those words sink in.

"So what? They are still viable assets to me and trusted friends; you can't go on random killing sprees, especially for that broken, damaged mate of yours that doesn't deserve the Luna title." Kane roared, getting in my face and making a big mistake coming here.

"You have ten seconds to get off my land," I spoke in a deadly low tone, my eyes squinted into slits, and I was so close to wrapping my hands around his throat and watching his pathetic life die away. Still, I won't give him that satisfaction of knowing we are more alike as he believes.

I refuse to turn into my father.

"You can't be serious?" Kane laughed, seemingly dumbfounded by my threats, thinking this is all one massive joke.

"Eight seconds."

"Alaric, I am only saying what everyone's thinking, that girl can't even talk!" Kane shouted, anger in his voice that was only aggravating me further.

"Disrespect my mate one more time, and I will banish you for good. I'm being extremely lenient on you father, leave while you still can." I seethed.

"Fine, but that girl of yours will never make a Luna, she's weak and will make you weaker, taking care of that sickly girl while your pack falls apart with her, its a recipe for disaster," Kane said, stepping away from the door but remaining eye contact, pleading with his eyes to reconsider my mate and be lonely like him, mateless and bitter.

"Father, what I did today was standing up for my soulmate and protecting her from harm, its something built into me, an instinct that I pray will never die away, and I hope it never will. You never deserved to have my mother as a mate, she was supposed to be the light of your life, exactly what Willow is to me, but instead, you killed her brightness the second you marked her, and I have sworn to myself never to make your mistakes. I love Willow with all my heart, and I won't let any harm come her way as long as I'm breathing. Yes, she lost her voice, but that doesn't mean she won't be an asset to the pack, her nurturing and kindness speaks volumes to me and the few people that know her, she's a kind soul that puts everyone else above herself, and that's exactly what a Luna does. Willow will be a damn good Luna, she's made me so proud already, and her life has just begun." I said, stepping closer and closer to my father, looking down at him like the coward he is, cowering away like a child.