Chapter Four

"Kawa-chi! Hurry up! Hurry up!"

"Kawa-chi", otherwise known as Oikawa Tōru, quickly scrambled to get his bag as you impatiently waited at the door, tapping your foot on the floor repeatedly. The both of you didn't want to make Iwaizumi wait outside but Oikawa was stuck on a question in the math test you were taking. Your teacher had allowed him to continue answering even when all your classmates had gone home, fortunately for the boy.

He handed his test hurriedly over to your teacher who had been patiently waiting for the boy to finish. You bid your farewells to your teacher before the both of you sprinted as fast as you could to the gate where an irritated Iwaizumi was waiting, a vein on his forehead that looked like it was about to explode.

"YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR MAKING ME WAIT, YOU MAZA KONS!"

Iwaizumi yelled, turning on his heel and stomping away. You didn't know where he was headed to but decided to follow him nonetheless, running to his side and apologising.

"We're really sorry, Iwa-kun! Kawa-chi couldn't figure out the answer and we had to stay behind!"

You briefly explained to him, glancing at Oikawa to let him know that he needed to help you calm Iwaizumi down, though you doubted he was actually truly angry to begin with.

"I'm really sorry, Iwa-chan! I didn't mean to make you wait!"

By now, Oikawa had comical tears streaming down his face that made you try to suppress your laughter. You weren't masochistic by any means but he was making everything dramatic with his tears and constant pleads for his forgiveness. No longer able to hold it in, you giggled loudly which made the both of them stop and stare at you with wide eyes.

"Why the hell are you laughing, ama?!"

Iwaizumi yelled, pointing an accusing finger at you as you continued to laugh which made Oikawa unable to completely process the situation, he couldn't understand why you were laughing when he was crying — was his pain hilarious for you?!

"ijiwaru, Naka-chan!"

Though he may have been serious, you simply proceeded to laugh more to the extent that your stomach began to hurt. It had taken you awhile to calm yourself down but when you had regained your composure, you quickly offered to buy them Oikos as an apology which Oikawa accepted almost immediately whilst Iwaizumi reluctantly agreed with much persuasion.

Sadly, Oikos weren't available on vending machines so the three of you had to walk to the convenience store to buy some. It was well worth-it though as the three of you sat at the park bench and are your Oikos while you conversed about Pokemon. The three of you had gone your separate ways when it was 4:00, Iwaizumi reminding you to tell your mother "thank you" from him and Oikawa.

It had become a ritual for you unknowingly. After class, the three of you would go to the convenience store and buy Oikos. It seemed that it arrived to the point where the cashier was accustomed to it and reserved the Oikos specifically for you three.

In the middle of the school year, Oikawa had began taking an interest in volleyball which inevitably included you and Iwaizumi to practice with him. You joined him without complaints while Iwaizumi took some convincing though this didn't necessarily stop him from complaining endlessly.

"Naka-chan, Naka-chan, did you know that the people who touch the ball the most are called setters?"

He had told you one day when the two of you were on lunch duty and taking out the trash to the school bins. This had caught your attention as you glanced at him and hummed — this would be the time Oikawa officially took interest in becoming a setter, a monumental occasion that you were lucky enough that you could contribute to this moment!