Chapter Fifteen

You were speculating as of why your grandfather had decided to stay so far away, the way to his supposed home was isolated, barely any houses decorated the area. It was a harsh contrast to your other grandparents, who owned an onsen resort and interacted with multiple people every day. Though you didn't really blame him for wanting to live so far away from the populated cities as it was filled with noise, often unwanted, and rude neighbors who appeared to have no grasp on the concept of respecting other people's privacy was always a bother but it was hard to fully comprehend how your grandfather easily ignored all the advantages and conveniences of being near large cities, and cities in general, for the sake of avoiding human interaction.

It wasn't a solid reason as of now given you didn't know how he acted and his personality was just a blurry blob to you and everything you had just mentioned was thought of without regards to how he thought and acted which was undoubtedly a big factor in whatever a human being chose to do for various reasons. Your mother never seemed to mention him in any conversation and you could speculate it was because his relationship with your grandfather wasn't the best.

You really couldn't understand who could ever bear any negative opinions and thought to your mother who was, to you, an absolutely pure celestial being who deserved to be showered with the most magnificent treasures. Not only was she beautiful regarding physical appearance but she was humble and kind despite all her achievements in her career and many more areas that others wouldn't even begin to understand.

You weren't going to make any major assumptions of your grandfather since you didn't think it would be fair to him but you were slowly establishing the fact that he was a person that could be associated with the word "jerk" without even noticing it. Your gaze shifted towards the window to your left and you were met with rocks and grass – the same thing you had been seeing for a few minutes now, the road towards your grandpa's residence was repeated terrain which mostly composed of rocks and a multitude of grass and if you were determined you could find a few flowers that were hidden behind the grass.

You wanted to ask your mother what had made her decide to visit the man – it was very clear from anyone who had the right knowledge about human behavior and people who had half the brain of a blue whale that she wasn't very fond of her father and you weren't going to judge her actions without any information. Maybe something was needed to be discussed? you didn't have any clues as of what that would be but you guessed it was significant enough for your mother to meet her father again. Again, you had slowly made up your mind that you grandfather was a man you wouldn't get along with for various reasons.

Despite your wish to converse to your parents, especially your mother, about why you were visiting a man they didn't even want to talk about – you had decided to keep your mouth shut. First of all, you didn't want to make your mother uncomfortable with giving her the responsibility of explaining the situation. Second, people like Terushima, Watanabe, and the man that served as your driver were present and giving them  knowledge on a matter that clearly didn't need their involvement was something you didn't want to happen. Thirdly, you wanted the absolute truth, you didn't doubt your parents would give you some portion of the truth if you asked right now but you didn't want it no matter the circumstances.

The information they would give you was something you were going to use as you saw any data to be valuable. You'd base your actions and opinions on aforementioned data but if that information turned out to have some sort of lie in it, you were making mistakes that would risk a good relationship with your grandfather. As much as you were beginning to question his value in your life and what role he served, you didn't want to deal with matters that regarded an unspoken disagreement in the family. Though you were well aware that every family went through such things, the responsibility that placed in your shoulders was unwanted and you doubted your 6-year-old body could cope with the stress that was brought by troubling members of the family.