Chapter Eleven

The week following the match was filled with Akiteru's presence always seemingly near you as he begged for forgiveness, attaching himself to your hip as he cried comical tears. Tendō, Miwa, and even Akagi desperately tried to pry him off of you but he relented, not even budging an inch as he wept a river of tears, apologising to you like he had committed a grave sin so unforgivable that only death could atone for it.

"Akiteru-san.. it's okay, I forgive you, you can let go now.."

You stated, confused as to how you would resolve this. He stared at you in a daze for a moment, jaws agape slightly as his eyes held wonder. You stared back at him, wondering what had stopped his tantrum all of a sudden.

".. Akiteru..san...?"

He whispered for a moment and you mentally facepalm yourself for forgetting how Japan operated with the names. He looked dumbfounded, looking at you until slowly, a smile started to form on his face.

"Then! Then! Then! Can I call you Y/n-san?"

He cheerfully asks, his arms no longer wrapped around your waist but on your arms to keep you from escaping which was totally unnecessary given you had no plans of doing the aforementioned action. His eyes were sparkling, expectedly awaiting your response, or more like your approval. You don't really understand its relevance too much but you agree nonetheless. His response makes you laugh a little bit, he lets go of your arms for awhile to raise his fists as a brief celebration before he hugs you tightly.

The practice drills, the volleyball matches, the lessons— everything was enjoyable, you gradually got close to the coaches and other kids. The short time you spent with Aone on the train was actually memorable, you and Akagi talked to him all the time though he usually just nodded, occasionally responding with "yeah" or "no, not really".

Now, you were back home, eating dinner with Akagi, Watanabe, Terushima, and your parents as you talked about countless of things, not really bothering on the possibility of choking on the rice.

"Hizashi-sensei said I was really good in volleyball, mama!"

Akagi stated, stuffing his mouth with rice and grilled fish after the words left his lips. Ichiju sansai was always the best meal of the day since no one was rushing to get to work or wherever they needed to be and your family could just talk casually without time playing a major antagonist role.

"That's great, neko-chan!"

Your mother responded, while your father gave a thumbs up with a small smile since he was still chewing on his food.

"By the way, usagi-chan, neko-chan, we're gonna be visiting grandma and grandpa on Wednesday"

Mentioned your father when he finally gulped down the food. Your grandparents were nice people who owned an onsen in Nagano, you could only visited them on a few occasions but they never really seemed to mind too much since they never complained about it. They would dote on you and Akagi, spoiling the two of you rotten but you weren't really against their actions— if you only had a week or two with your grandchildren every year, you'd probably buy them everything they wanted as well.

"How long are we staying this time?"

You ask, taking a sip from your glass of milk and your father takes awhile to think, probably counting how many days he can skip out of work. Your mother can work at-home for the most part so it only really matters how merciful your father's boss is.

"I think I can go and get three weeks off!"

He finally responded and as much as you loved the fact that you could spent a lot of time in the onsen resort of your grandparents and spend a lot more time with them than usual, you were actually slightly skeptical if he had thought it through. Summer break would be over by then and if he was planning to spend three weeks with your grandparents then you'd skip about a week from school.