Chapter Twenty-Six

A/n: sorry for not updating yesterday, I was busy with work and I was studying Hyogo and Interhigh (for future reference) to make this more realistic since I don't live in Hyogo ✌️😔

The process that needed to be done before you and your family could even think about moving to Hyogo was honestly exhausting and a little nostalgic. The school year wouldn't be ending for at least a two or three months but finishing the semester wouldn't really be possible for you and Akagi given your parents had already sorted the papers that needed work and the only thing that they were waiting for was all the belongings your family owned. When you began packing up all the items that were in your bedroom, you had stopped attending school all together since it really wasn't necessary.

You still hadn't told your friends that you were leaving though, the only person who knew was Shoko since your mother had contacted her that the meet-ups every Wednesday would stop since you were going to go to Hyogo very soon. She understood immediately and didn't make a scene, only saying to contact her when she was allowed to tell her brother and Nishinoya the sad news. You had been eavesdropping at that time and went you heard the soft whimper that left her, you swore your heart broke into tiny fragments.

It was more difficult to tell Iwaizumi and Oikawa the sudden news that you wouldn't be able to play or spend time with them anymore, particularly because they lived in the area and they knew where your house was located which gave them the ability to check on where you were and why you were no longer attending classes. For that to not happen, you had particularly requested that your teacher announce that no one was allowed to visit you which you knew would confuse your friends but it was better than having to deal with your best friends who were demanding for answers.

You were a coward for not telling them yourself but you were 8-years-old and being afraid was okay, being fearful was human and it was normal. But now you were standing in front of Iwaizumi's familiar house and you can't help the shaky exhales and sharp intakes of breath as your grip on the plastic bags tighten. You weren't planning to be here, of course, you were supposed to be helping Akagi pack all his mangas, shōnen jump magazines, nendroids and figurines he began collecting two years ago. But he had refused your help and with nothing left to do, you had bought Oikos and walked towards Iwaizumi's home, believing Oikawa would be there as well.

"Jime-chan! Jime-chan! You home? Is Tōru-tan with you? Jime-chaaaaan?"

You called, knuckles hitting the surface of the oak door before you walked towards the back yard to see if they were there or not. You know Iwaizumi's parents won't mind too much since they've already met you several times because the three of your friend group often spent time there when you were resting from a volleyball game. Surprisingly, they weren't they and you nearly lost all the energy from your body if it weren't for the familiar sound of Oikawa calling your name.

"Y/n-chaaaan!!"

After Iwaizumi had managed to pry him off of you by slapping him on the back and pulling him away, you had went inside his house so the three of you could talk about your absence from school and why you were suddenly here. Giving the Oikos to the two of them, you guys sat down on the floor of the  livingroom as you fumbled with your fingers on how to say it to them. You knew they wouldn't react positively about your leave and though you desperately didn't want them to cry, you wanted to be with them and comfort them, assure them that you'd always be there and make sure to visit them whenever you could.

"So...Y/n-chan, where have you been lately?"

Oikawa began, resting his back against the sofa as he ate the Oikos you had bought for them, his brow was raised as he smiled at you while the tanned boy next to him merely waited for your response to his question, eating the yogurt treat that the three of you worshipped. He was curious too, of course, the two of you were at the top of the class and he loved competing with you on who would get the highest grade but most of all, the three of you were friends. You might have come in to his life a little later than Oikawa did but you had accepted them for all they were, their flaws and insecurities, their talents and silly habbits, it seemed to dawn on him during the days that you were absent how much of a presence you were in their lives.