Chapter Eighteen

"PAPA, DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!"

You exclaimed loudly, arms tightly wrapped around your father's abdomen as if letting go of him would result in imminent death. While comical tears streamed down your face like a waterfall, your father desperately tried to pry you off without hurting you, which was a difficult task on its own, though he looked to be enjoying himself as he grinned joyfully.

"Usagi-chan, we're gonna come back after a week, okay? Plus, Watanabe and Terushima will be right here! We just need to take care of some things but we'll be back before you know it--"

Your mother tried to explain to you but you shook you head vigorously, not wanting to accept the fact that you had to spend an entire week with your grandfather. You were sure there was some good in him, deep down, but with the knowledge that he basically mocked Hayase for being fat, spending another second with him seemed unbearable, even if Akagi, Watanabe, Terushima and Hayase were by your side the whole time.

"You're gonna leave us here! With him?!"

You pointed an accusing finger at your grandfather who didn't seem at all insulted by your words. Your nose was scrunched up and your eyes wide as you tried to convince them to not leave, or at least take you with them. Akagi wasn't very bothered by your tantrum and the reasoning behind it since he was perfectly comfortable laying in Terushima's lap.

Damn ikemen boy.

"Usagi-chan, it's not that bad. He's just gonna teach you some martial arts."

Your father spoke up, finally being able to pry you off of his torso, much to his relief. You looked away, pouting angrily as you clenched your hands. You didn't want to seem like a child (though, technically, you were one) but you truly didn't want to spend time with your grandfather. He seemed like a guy you wouldn't get along with, though this was just an assumption.

"I promise to buy you food if you--"

Your father started to speak, trying to convince you once again to just accept their decision. Before he could even finish his sentence, you cut him off. 

"Okay."

A laugh escaped his lips at your words as he gasped for air, trying to desperately fill his lungs with air as he continued to elicit sounds of joy that honestly, to you, sounded like the laughter of a hyena.

"O-okay! Okay! Good luck with your training, usagi-chan, neko-chan! We'll be back next week, okay?"

Your mother said, stifling her giggles as she picked up her bag and placed the straps around her shoulders. Your father did the same as he walked away first, ready to go to the van that was parked outside. The vehicle had been taken back to your grandparents's onsen resort by the driver but had returned a few moments ago to pick up your parents and drop them off to wherever they needed to go.

"Oh, neko-chan, do you want me to buy you some chocolates?"

She asked, a pleasant smile on her face and Akagi nodded with enthusiasm, excited that he'd get to eat premium-quality chocolates. Your mother rarely bought any sweets since it was mostly your father who provided the two of you with sweets and treats but whenever she did, it was always either extremely expensive or a limited-time snack, or it could be a combination of both.

"Yes, please!"

Akagi replied, a happy grin on his face. For the most part, Hayase kept quiet as avoided eye-contact with your grandfather at all costs. He held conversations with your brother from time to time, talking about snacks and the like. But mostly, he pursed his lips and looked at the matted floor.