Chapter Thirteen

A/n: this chapter is full of mistakes that I'm truly too lazy to edit. The only thing I'm confident about in this chapter and in the entirety of my book is the food (food studies is really helping me out), if you notice any major mistakes in the grammar and/or if something doesn't collerate with the canon Haikyuu- please ignore it. I'm really self-conscious about my writing so please don't mention it anjsjsjsosown

You decided to not change out of your yukata just yet so that Hirugami and his siblings could eat right away, alongside the members of the family that were awake already with the inclusion of the onsen's staff that hadn't had breakfast in their respective homes, or the employees that wanted to have a second breakfast- your grandparents never really cared what the reason was as long as everyone was well fed. Hirugami didn't really make any comments about your appearance and the reasoning behind it until the two of you had exited the room.

"Mind telling me why you're wearing a yukata in the coming of spring?"

He questioned after a long silence between the two of you and despite him asking it all of a sudden, you neither flinched nor jumped- most people wore yukatas during summer and especially during the hanabi festival. Winter had just ended and the beginning of spring was blooming- wearing a yukata out of all things during these months was, to summarize it simply, very uncommon and inconvenient.

"Just felt like it. I don't get to see traditional bedrooms often."

You responded, letting out a soft yawn afterwards. Your response to his query received a curious glance from the boy but otherwise, he remained unchanged, still with a pleasant smile on his face. His gaze was on you for a few more seconds until he shifted it to look at what was in front of him, as did you.

"Where do you live again?"

He asked once more and you responded almost as soon as the words left his lips. There was no reason to not answer, you weren't a criminal nor were you related to one in any way and you were most definitely not a member of the local Yakuza.

"Sendai"

"Where's that?"

He looked slightly confused, almost as if he hadn't heard of it in a long time or didn't find any significance in it so that he'd remember the city. Though you weren't very surprised, kids didn't tend to be very familiar with the places outside their prefecture since there was no relevance in memorising the names of cities that an individual has never set foot on.

"Miyagi. Haven't heard of it?"

He shook his head at your question and a smile graced your lips at his honesty- it was an admirable trait you didn't see often in the world you previously resided in, it was something you found him lucky to have given you weren't completely honest yourself. No one was really aware of the fact that you were not from this world excluding the celestial bodies, Almighty himself, and yourself.

"I'd like to give you a tour someday"

"that'd be nice. But for now, it's my time to give you a tour of Nagano."

A/n: Nagano is both the name of a city and a prefecture- some may refer to it as "Central Nagano" but I'll stick with Nagano since it's what I'm familiar with!

This elicits a small giggle from you as you nod your head, your hand covering your mouth as you continue to softly laugh. This, in turn, makes Hirugami chuckle as well as the two of you continue your journey to the onsen's lobby where his siblings are. It doesn't take a long time for the both of you to arrive at the aforementioned place and you see two kids sitting quietly at the waiting area, the girl of the pair notices her brother arriving and quickly stands up, catching the attention of the boy sitting next to her who, when noticing Hirugami's presence, stands up as well.