Volume 1 part 11

Louise was outside the classroom, talking to Hayato. As she got closer though, she realized only Hayato was talking while the other party was ignoring him.

'Hey, I helped you earlier, didn't I? What is it now? I thought we were ok!' he desperately said, while Louis turned away from him; 'Ugh... didn't you say you'd forgive me?'

It was the first time for Renaquinn to see such an upset sight of Hayato. Even Louise, who was usually nonchalant looked mad. From that alone, you could tell that they had a serious fight. She had thought Hayato was prominently laid-back, easy-going person, but to see him like that, with that serious face which reflected Louis's, it was kind of weird.

'I said maybe, & that is, if you only figure out what I'm mad for. How can you apologize when you don't even know what you did?' he snapped, & Hayato almost growled. His hands were clenched as he passed her without even noticing her.

'What's wrong? Did you have a fight?'

'Not a fight, your bag,' he pushed the bag into her arms, & she couldn't help but think; like a married couple...

'If it's hurting both of you, you should just stay away,' she told him who was walking ahead quietly; the usual nonchalant air around him had turned hostile, like Hayato's. They're both upset.

'That's what I'm trying to do!'

'Try putting yourself in his shoes, there's never a one side to anything.'

'Hah! He should be putting himself in my shoes! He didn't even care for a...' he paused, & looked back at her with a stunned expression; '... I forgot that you're only a kid for a sec' there,' he muttered, but it seemed like he was talking to her.

-Not a second, it was more than a minute, & you were about to spill everything to me.

'Brother, I don't have friends anymore,' she told him; 'But it seems... when you're far away from people, sometimes... you just tend to watch them. Maybe that way, I understand them more now.'

-It was true. Well, half true since this was my real world's experience, but that sounded super cliche though. Now that I think about it, the whole situation, my life, is totally cliche. Like all the bad things that happened to the heroines of tragic novels had been copied, & pasted into my life... a heroine, or a villainess? Anyway, that doesn't change the fact that I've been alone almost through all my life. Maybe that was the reason, I liked to watch other people, because I had nothing to do, & because I was alone.

'Just watch, brother. You just might understand Hayato even for a bit.'

'... Ha, you're talking like an old man who's been through everything,' he said with a snort, but for the first time, the indifferent light in his eyes were gone. A small fire of hope lighted in her. It made her feel like she could fix this broken relationship of brother, & sister. Maybe she also could've fixed the broken relationship between herself, & her step-brother, if she only tried hard enough, but she didn't. She just left it as it is, because it seemed impossible, but thinking back... was it really?

'If... if I'm right,' she muttered out, & summoning her last speck of courage, she continued; 'You'll have to let me flick you on the forehead.'

At his silence, she regretted what she said though; crap, I'm so stupid. Becoming encouraged just because he looked a little more approachable-

'Maybe,' he said suddenly, & she looked up at him with a surprised face, but soon her lips morphed into a small smile.

                                                                       ~

'How was school?' her mother asked; it was obvious that she didn't ask this all the time, because she still sounded very awkward saying it, but this meant that even through all the indifference, even just a bit, this woman cared about her daughter.

'It was fun, how was your day mother?' she asked as she cut the beef with effort; even Thomas seemed better at cutting the meat than her, who still couldn't take even a one bite of the food despite struggling with it for thirty minutes.

'My day?' the woman looked up with surprised look. After noticing her struggle, she called the butler, & thank god, he cut it into small pieces that would be perfect to go into her mouth.

'It... it was good,' she replied awkwardly, & Renaquinn turned to the man while putting the food in her mouth; 'How was work, father?'

It came out a little muffled since she had food in her mouth; Thomas laughed joyfully.

'Wena! You're talking funny,' he said, & she gulped down the food with water; 'Ah, sorry.'

'You need to be taught etiquette all again, it seems,' her mother said while cutting her meat; again? I knew it, no villainess would have perfect manners without being taught thrice...

'Mother, if it's alright, may I learn Japanese as well?'

'Japanese?' the woman looked up with a frown; she probably thought I was learning it, in order to have something in common with Arito, but... that's not why I... sure, I would like to use it to get closer to him, but most importantly, it's too shameful to not know your home language.

'Yes mother.'

'And why Japanese?' she asked with indifference as if she knew the answer already, & it took her a while to think of an answer; 'Well, no particular reason.'

Yes, that was the only answer she managed to find after three minutes of thinking, and it obviously wasn't that good of an answer because her father, & mother both looked at her scornfully; even at home... ah, how can I fix this hopeless family?

A/N; This is the first chapter of the week!!! Please vote, & write coments if you like the story, 👌?