Chapter 5 : Unexpected Things

Jiyeon's POV

I was still lost in thoughts when Jina was called me.

"Jiyeon...Jiyeon-ah..."

"Huh?"

"You're spacing out today. Is something wrong?" She looked worried.

"Aniyo. It's nothing." I gave her an assuring smile.

"Since it's the weekend we have to work fast. Many costumers come to our cafe at this time. So you take the orders and I'll prepare the drinks."

"Okay."

I started working. It was a busy day today. Costumers were flooding inside the cafe.

Then a guys, dressed in all white, came to the counter. I couldn't see his face properly as he wore a hoodie and a mask. I could only see his eyes. And those eyes seemed familiar.

Have I seen him somewhere? I'm not sure...

"I'll have an iced americano," he said.

His voice also sounded familiar. But I ignored it and continued with my work.

"It'll be 1900 won."

"Here." He handed me the money.

"Your drink will be ready in a minute. Please take a seat." Then he proceeds to sit at an empty table.

I told Jina to prepare the drink. When the drink was ready I went to him and kept the drink on his table.

I returned to the counter and continued my work. I took the orders and cleaned the tables also. When that guy left, I went to clean his table.

While cleaning the table, I saw a paper bag beside the chair he was sitting. I picked it up and saw a big box inside it.

"I think he left it here."

I quickly took the bag and ran outside the cafe. I looked around and found that he didn't go that far. I ran towards him.

"EXCUSE ME!" I shouted. He turned back to face me.

"I think you left this in the cafe," I said showing him the bag.

"Ah...I almost forgot about it."

I hand him the bag and he let out a sigh of relief.

"Khumawo," he said and I could tell that he said it with a smile, although I couldn't see him smile because of the mask.

"Nae...Have a nice day!" I said and ran back to the cafe.

***

Finally our shift was over. It was a tiring day. We closed the shop and headed towards our home.

I reached my home and plopped on the couch.

"Ah...I'm so tired."

Then my phone vibrated. I took it out to see a notification of Twitter. I clicked on it and saw that Seonghwa posted some selcas.

I tapped on one of his selcas and started to admire it. He wore a white hoodie in that photo.

"How can anyone be this perfect?!"

***

As time passed by I got to know Seonghwa more. I used to spend my time watching their videos on YouTube and Vlive. The more I see him, the more I start to like him.

Till now they did two more comebacks, Wonderland and Answer. I again went to the fansigns to meet them. So till now I went to the fansign for five times.

I got to know that they're very friendly. I felt comfortable around them. Now I could just casually talk to them without fainting.

***

I had to go to the fansign today as well. Jina couldn't join me coz she had some other important work to do.

The same things happened as usual, fans meeting them one by one. But this time it was a bit different for me.

I sat in front of Seonghwa and gave him my album.

"Annyeong Jiyeon." He smiled at me.

Wait...What?! He remembers my name?!

"A-Annyeong," I replied, a bit shocked. He signs the album. "You remember my name?"

"Of course."

Oh my gawd! My bias remembers my name!

I started blushing. He just looked at me and chuckled. After that we talked and soon the fansign ended.

I wanted to see them more but they had to go. Those hours felt like minutes. Time flies by so quickly when I'm with them.

I was walking out of the hall when a staff member came to me. "Excuse me. Are you Kim Jiyeon?" she asked me.

"Ah nae, you're right."

"Follow me please."

I was a little confused but still followed her. She took me to a hallway kind of place where there was a room at the end. She told me to wait there and left.

"What would it be? Why did she tell me to wait here?"

I stood there and looked around. I took out my phone and played with it while waiting.

"So you're here." I look up to see who it was. Then I realize that it was Park Seonghwa.

"Seonghwa?"

What is he doing here?

He came and stood in front of me. "I wanted to meet you."

"Meet me? Waeyo?"

"I felt comfortable while talking to you at the fansign. I usually don't feel that comfortable around others but with you. So I just...want to be friends with you." He rubbed the back of his neck while saying that.

"Me?! You want to be my friend?!" I was literally freaking out at that time.

Am I dreaming?!

"Uh...so...will you be my friend?"

"Uh...uh..." I wasn't able to decide what to speak.

Just then someone called his name.

"I've to go now. Here..." He handed me a small piece of paper and left after waving at me.

What was that? Is it a dream?

I wasn't able to believe what just happened. To confirm that I wasn't dreaming, I pinched my cheeks.

"Ahh...It hurts..." I rubbed my cheeks. "It's real! I ain't dreaming!"

I looked at the paper in my hand for a while before opening it. I was shocked to see his number written on it.

He gave me his number?! His own number not his manager's. I'm gonna faint now...

I still couldn't believe it. He really gave me his number and I kept questioning myself.

But why did he give his number to me? Why does he want to be friends with me? Why me?

To be continued...