Chapter 29 : Save Me

Jiyeon's POV

[A week later...]

Seonghwa was recovering from his injury. And as the comeback was nearing, I barely used to get a chance to see him. He became busy with his schedules and I used to miss him so much.

"He didn't reply till now. Maybe he's very busy with the comeback schedules." I sighed, scrolling through his previous texts.

"What would he be doing now?" I frowned and looked out of the window. "It's going to rain tonight..."

I was about to keep my phone back at the table when I got a call. My face lighted up as I saw the phone screen. It was Seonghwa.

"Jiyeon-ah..."

"Seonghwa, I missed you so much."

"Me too."

"Did you eat?"

"Yeah, I ate with the others. You?"

"Me too. You must be tired...Take some rest."

"The choreography is so hard this time. But I'm trying my best."

"I know, you'll do great as you always do."

"Khumawo."

"Rest well then."

"You're at home, right?"

"Yeah. Wae?"

"Just..."

Then the call suddenly ended. I tried to call him again but it told that I can't reach him. And it started pouring heavily.

"Mweoya?..."

I kept the phone aside and walked to the kitchen to get me some water. I poured the water into a cup and was about to go back to my room when there was a loud sound of thunder accompanied by power outage.

"AHHH~" I dropped the cup and covered my ears. My breathing rate got faster.

I don't think I could get over that trauma ever...

***

Seonghwa's POV

I was walking to Jiyeon's home as I missed her so much and wanted to give her a surprise visit.

I was almost there, talking with her on the phone when it started pouring heavily. I quickly tried to find a shelter for myself.

I found a spot in front of a convenience store and went there.

"Aishh...I'm soaked..."

Then there was a sudden loud sound of thunder accompanied by power cut. Just then I remembered something.

"Jiyeon..."

I ran to her house, not minding the rain which was pouring heavily on me. I just wanted to make sure that she was okay.

I reached her house and quickly entered the passcode at the main door. I went in and searched for her.

"Jiyeon-ah!...Jiyeon-ah!..." I called out her name as I searched for her.

***

Jiyeon's POV

I was crouching down, covering my ears and shivering when I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I lifted my head up.

"Seonghwa?..."

I stood up and somehow made my way out of the kitchen as there was a very little source of light coming from the window. And then I spotted Seonghwa who was coming towards me.

"Seonghwa..." Tears started rolling down my cheeks.

I ran to him and hugged him tightly. He too wrapped his arms around me tightly as I cried in his embrace.

"I was so scared," I said, tears still streaming out of my eyes.

"Don't worry, I'm here...Don't cry..." He caressed my head.

We stayed like that for a while. His embrace felt so comfortable as if he would protect me from everything, he'll always stay by my side whenever I need him.

I was shivering in fear but I calmed down eventually. He pulled away and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"Gwaenchana?" he asked, looking worried. I just nodded, not able to say anything.

"That's a relief...I won't leave you alone, I'll stay with you tonight. Hm?" I nodded. "Do you have some candles? I don't think the power will come back soon."

"I have some..."

We both lighted some candles in the whole house. As he was lighting the candles, I realised that he was all soaked in rain. His hair and his clothes were all wet.

"You're all drenched. You might get a cold."

He looked at his clothes and realized that he completely forgot about it.

"I totally forgot about it..."

"I have some spare clothes. You can use it."

I opened my closet and took out a hoodie and sweatpants for him. I passed it to him. And a towel to dry his hair. He took them and examined them.

"Isn't this my hoodie which you took last time when you came to the dorm?" he said.

"Maybe..." I just shrugged.

He chuckled and then he started unbuttoning his shirt.

To be continued...