Chapter 22 : Confession

Jiyeon's POV

I was about to go inside but he stopped me. "Jiyeon-ah..."

I turned back to face him."Hm?"

"I wanted to give you something." He slowly pulled out a small box from his pocket and gave it to me.

"What is it?" I said as I took it.

"This is a present for you."

"You didn't need to..."

"Open it."

And I did as he said. I opened the small box and gasped at it. It was a pendant and it was in the shape of a crescent moon with some stars.

 It was a pendant and it was in the shape of a crescent moon with some stars

"It's so pretty!" I said as I looked up at him.

"Glad you liked it." He smiled.

"Thank you so much. I'll always wear it."

"Then let me put it for you."

He took the pendant from my hand and put it around my neck while I turned around, holding my hair so that he could put it on me.

"Done," he said and I turned to face him. "It looks so pretty on you."

"Khumawo Seonghwa."

"Your welcome."

"I'll get going then."

"Wait!..." I looked at him in confusion. "There's something I've wanted to tell you...I want to tell it now."

I just looked at him blankly and let him speak.

"I like you..." My heart skipped a beat at the sudden confession. I just looked at him in shock, not able to believe what he just said.

"I...like you, Jiyeon."

Am I dreaming?...Did he just confess to me?

Then he suddenly pulled me closer to him. My heart started beating faster as he kept looking at me with sparkles in his eyes.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I wasn't able to think of how should I respond to it.

***

Seonghwa's POV

I came back to the dorm and plopped down on the couch.

Flashback

"I like you."

"I-It's my first time...receiving such a confession. Please give me some...time to...think about it."

I pulled her closer to me. She blushed hard. But she pulled back quickly.

"I-I'll go back in. It's so late. Then go back safely." By saying that, she quickly ran inside her home.

End Of Flashback

I chuckled on recalling it.

"Ah what should I do? Seriously..." I smiled to myself. I felt relieved after telling that.

I walked to the window and looked out trough it. The stars looked so beautiful.

"Jiyeon-ah, are you sleeping?...Kim Jiyeon...I'm in love~"

I smiled widely and went to my room.

***

Jiyeon's POV

I sat up straight on my bed. My heart was still beating so fast. I wasn't able to sleep.

"It's okay. Why am I like this?"

I tried to calm myself down. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I repeated it for several times.

Did he really say that? He likes me?!

"Ah eottokhae?!" I screamed.

Will it be okay to date Seonghwa? Will it be okay to date an idol? What should I do?

"Just go to bed now. I'll think about it tomorrow."

I sighed. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but couldn't.

"How can I sleep now?!..."

***

The next day I went to the cafe as usual. But the thing that happened last night was still bugging me.

"What happened to you?" Jina asked. "You look as if Seonghwa asked you out and you're not able to decide what to do."

I gasped at it. "How do you know everything? Are you a God? Can you read minds or you know magic or...are you a stalker? How can you get everything right?"

"Yah...You think I'm a stalker?!"

"I didn't mean it...I'm just..." I sighed. "I don't know anymore..."

"So he really asked you out, huh? I knew this was going to happen. I already told you about this."

"So what should I do now?"

"Date him."

"Yah...how can you say that so easily?!"

"You too like him right?"

"But he's an idol...How can I date an idol?"

"What's the matter if he's an idol?... Idols can also date, isn't it? Besides being an idol they also have their private life. It's their choice if they want to date or not."

"But fans don't like it when their idols date. When they hear about the scandals they leave the fandom or write malicious comments about them on SNS. It would affect his career as an idol."

"Look...not all fans are like that. Many of them support their idols about it. They support their decisions and choices. If they're real fans, they'll not go against it."

"But Jina..."

"It's all up to you now...whether you decide to date him or not. You have to decide it...You should be happy that Park Seonghwa wants to date you. Your bias, the one whom you love and respect so much."

I looked down and sighed. "Yes, I like him but..."

"Don't think too much about it...Just follow your heart."

"Follow your heart?" She nodded.

If I really date him...Will I be okay?

To be continued...