Chapter 14 : Hug Me

Jiyeon's POV

I went to the cafe as usual. It was a tiring day today but I made it through the day.

Now I was walking back home, sipping my bubble tea but I thought to spend some time in the park.

I sat on an empty bench and started thinking about Seonghwa. I just saw his vlive yesterday but I miss him already.

I admired the sky for some time. "It's always the same." I sighed.

I unlocked my phone screen and stared at the photo that I took of him secretly on the day we went to the amusement park.

I was still staring at the photo when I heard a familiar voice.

"What are you staring at?"

I looked up to see Seonghwa looking at me with a smile on his face. I quickly locked my phone screen. "W-What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I knew you would be here." He sat beside me.

"What?"

He just chuckled. "Were you missing me?"

"Aniyo!"

"I'm a bit disappointed then." He looked to the front.

"I didn't mean that...I..." I wasn't able to form a sentence.

"Which flavor are you drinking?" He pointed to the drink.

"Ah this..."

I was going to reply but he quickly took the drink from my hands and started to drink from it.

"It's good." He continued drinking till he finished it all. I just looked at him as he kept the container aside.

"Wanna listen some music?" he asked, taking out his airpods from his pocket and plugged one in my ear and the other in his.

It was playing 'All About You / A Poem Titled You' by Taeyeon (OST of Hotel Del Luna). Isn't it a great song?

"I love this song," I said to which he smiled, looking at me.

I was slowly tapping my fingers to the tune when he suddenly rested his head on my shoulder. "I'm so tired today..."

I sat there frozen. I tried to calm my heart down which was racing like crazy.

Soon I got immersed in the song. I felt like all the stress I had today due to work was all gone. Now I felt at ease. I felt relaxed.

I looked at him. He was already asleep. Maybe he was too tired because of practice. He works so hard everyday. I chuckled softly so that I don't wake him up.

I look up at the sky and get lost in my thoughts.

The sky looks quite pretty now. It looks more beautiful with you here than when I was by myself.

I lean my head on his and close my eyes, the music still playing. It felt so nice. I didn't realize when I fell asleep.

***

I woke up after taking a nap and checked the time in my phone. It was 10 pm already. Seonghwa was still asleep.

I tried to shake him awake. He woke up after some time, rubbing his eyes. I gave his airpod back.

"Seonghwa, I need to get back home now," I said and stood up.

"I'll walk you home." He too stood up.

I agreed to it and now we were walking to my home. We're walking side by side so sometimes our hands rubbed against each other's. And I would just hold my bag or fiddle with my fingers while blushing.

Soon we we reached my home. I stood in front of him. "Thanks again for walking me home."

"You don't need to thank me all the time." I smiled.

"Good night."

I turned back to walk towards my gate but he stopped me by wrapping his hands around my waist from behind.

I felt weight against my shoulder as his head rested on the crook of my neck. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat.

"Seonghwa..." I tried to pull away but he held me tighter instead.

"Let's stay like this for awhile," he said almost in a whisper.

We stayed like that for a while before pulling away from the hug.

"Go inside," he said and gestured me towards the gate.

I waved at him and walked towards the gate. I reached the front door and turned back for the last time. He was still standing there.

He waved at me when our eyes met, smiling brightly. I waved at him and finally went inside. I closed the door behind me and leaned on it, holding onto my chest.

Why is he behaving like that? He's making it difficult for me to hold back the butterflies forming in my stomach...

To be continued...