Chapter 24 : Boyfriend

Wookyung's POV

I didn't want to go home so I thought to spend some time in the park. I felt so hurt on recalling it. I felt so heartbroken. I closed my eyes and leaned back on the bench, sighing.

"Are you alright?" I heard someone say and opened my eyes instantly. I saw Eunseo sitting beside me. I didn't say anything.

She sighed. "Now you know how it feels to know that the one you like...likes someone else..." I looked at her but then looked away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like that."

"It's okay...Now we're even. We both are in the same boat."

I've liked Jiyeon for a very long time. She's the girl that I nag whenever I see her and am always hard on. She's always doing stupid things. So everyday, whenever I see her, I just get angry...But now...she likes someone else.

I was becoming teary. Eunseo noticed it and hugged me. She patted my back and tried to comfort me as I sobbed in her.

"I'm not good at comforting others. So I'll just stay here by your side," she said.

More tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about Jiyeon.

I liked you Jiyeon...

***

Jiyeon's POV

I was cleaning the table when I saw Seonghwa sitting on a chair in the front.

"Jiyeon-ah, did you dream about me? I missed you so much. I'm hungry. Can you buy me a cheese burger please? Hmph! Hmph!..."

"Am I daydreaming?"

I blinked and rubbed my eyes several times before realizing that I was actually daydreaming.

"What's happening to me? Why am I behaving like this? Come back to your senses Jiyeon."

I slapped myself and got back to work. Then I heard the clinging sound of bell which meant someone entered our cafe.

"Welcome..."

I was shocked on seeing that person. It was Seonghwa who came in, smiling at me. I looked at him in awe. He looked so handsome as always. I couldn't believe my eyes.

To check if I was daydreaming again or not, I pinched my cheeks. My cheeks did hurt.

"This isn't a dream..." I mumbled.

He stood in front of me and snapped his fingers in front of my face, bringing me back to my senses.

"What are you thinking?" he asked.

"Huh?...It's nothing..."

He came closer to me and pulled me in for a hug. My eyes widened as my heart pounded violently in my chest.

"I missed you so much." He almost whispered it which sent shivers throughout my body. I was still not able to speak anything in front of him.

He pulled back. "I wanted to take you somewhere. Let's go~" He then grabbed my hand.

"Wait!...I need to get my bag. Wait here, I'll be back in a minute."

I excused myself and went to the staff room. I leaned back on the wall and sighed.

"Ah eottokhae?!..."

"So your boyfriend's here to take you home, huh?" Jina said as she entered the room.

"He is not my boyfriend..."

"Yeah, whatever..." She shook her head.

"Jina, eottokhae?!" I held her hand.

"Why are you overreacting? Just go with him."

"Should I go or not?" I pouted.

"You're making him wait. Just go already." She pushed me towards the door.

"Wait, wait..." I picked up bag. She just stood there and chuckled at me, who was panicking at that time.

"Khumawo Jina." I went out of the room.

"Go safely." I heard her say.

I went back to Seonghwa. He was looking at his phone but when he saw me coming, he smiled and held my hand. And then we walked out of tye cafe

***

We walked through the streets, holding hands. And I was blushing the whole time. We ate at a shop and then headed towards the park.

We sat on a bench and rested our feet from walking. Now there was an awkward silence between us. And Seonghwa thought to break it.

"You didn't answer my question?"

"Huh?...Uh...That..."

Actually I gave it a lot of thought, if I should date him or not and the consequences of dating him. But the only thing I know for now is I do love him so much.

Yes, I'm afraid of the people that would come at me when they know about our relationship. But I can't hide my feelings from him anymore.

"Do you not like me?" he asked.

"It's not like that...I just..." I took a deep breath before speaking. "The answer is...yes..."

Omg! I finally told him.

Then he suddenly pulled me in for a hug, holding me tightly. "...I thought I was going to be rejected."

"Seonghwa...I can't breathe..." He didn't realize that he was holding me so tightly that I wasn't able to breathe.

He released me. "Ah mian..."

There was another awkward silence between us now. I think my face was looking like a tomato as I was blushing so hard.

"So..." He took my hand in his, intertwining the fingers together. "Today is our day one, I guess." I couldn't do anything but to smile widely. I wasn't able to look at him in the eyes.

I was still looking to the front when he suddenly pecked my cheeks. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat when he did that. He just chuckled, looking at me.

I couldn't believe that it's finally happening. The Park Seonghwa is my boyfriend now. The one who I used to admire from afar. It still feels like a dream to me. An eottokhae?!...

To be continued...