Chapter 37 : Break Up?!

Author's POV

The rumour was spreading like forest-fire. A lot of hate comments about Jiyeon were posted. Those really hurt Jiyeon as she was sensitive about those issues. She even cried sometimes. They all kept coming at her and critisised her. They almost tried to cyber-bully her.

On the other hand, Seonghwa was trying his best to take care of the situation. But the company didn't confirm it till now. Seonghwa didn't want to reveal it as he knew that if it is revealed it would affect his and Jiyeon's life.

***

Seonghwa's POV

"Why isn't she picking up?" I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. I was trying to contact her  since days but she isn't showing up. No calls, no text, nothing.

"Jiyeon please pick up..." I got more worried as the time passed. Then she finally picked it up.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Why weren't you picking up? I was so worried–"

"Seonghwa...Can I see you for a moment?"

"Uh?" She sounded a bit wierd while talking.

"Can you come to the park please?"

"Okay...I'm coming."

I ended the call and ran to the park. I took some time to catch my breath and looked around to find Jiyeon. She was already there, sitting on a bench. So I went to her. She stood up as she saw me coming.

"Jiyeon..." I hugged her tightly. "I was so worried about you." I released her from the hug. "Why didn't you contact me for days?"

"I...Can I ask you for something?" she said.

"Yeah..."

"Can you grant me one wish?"

"A wish?"

"Yes."

Why is she suddenly asking this?

"Promise me, okay?" I slightly nodded.

But the next thing I heard wasn't what I expected to hear.

"W-What did you say? What did you just say?" I looked at her in disbelief. I couldn't believe what she just said.

"I always thought about it...I always used to think do I even deserve you?...I was so happy with you that I forgot about the reality..." She was trying to hold back her tears.

"What are you talking about?..."

"Seonghwa...You're really a great person I could ever get in my life. I feel lucky to have met someone like you. Someone who loved me back as much as I loved that person." She paused.

"You're an idol and I'm just and ordinary girl who doesn't have anything else but you..."

I was just listening to her without saying anything, tears forming in my eyes.

She smiled weakly. "I hope you don't miss any of your opportunities. Have all the good experiences, and see a lot of good things in the world. I hope you live a bright future that you always talk about. We don't belong together..." A tear managed to roll down my cheeks.

"So let's...break up. This is my wish."

On hearing that, my heart shattered into million pieces. I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"And..." She took out a small box. "I wanted to give you this..." She handed me the box.

She turned back and started walking away. I grabbed her wrist and turned her to face me.

"Jiyeon...What are saying? You're lying right? This can't be..."

"I really mean it Seonghwa."

"But what's the reason? Is it because of the malicious comments?...Then let me make our relationship official. They won't be able to do anything about it. I promise I'll protect you!"

She removed her hand from my grip. "I'm sorry..."

"Then what do you want me to do?... You really want to break up?"

"Yes..."

I held her by her shoulders. "Jiyeon what happened to you? We loved each other so much...and now you're suddenly telling me to break up?!..."

I wanted her to take back what she said. I didn't want her leave me like this.

"Goodbye Seonghwa." By saying that, she walked away.

I just stood there, tears rolling down my cheeks and not able to stop her from going.

Are we really over?

***

I came back to the dorm and walked towards my room, looking down.

"Hyung..." I stopped and turned back to see Yunho standing behind me.

"Hyung, what happened? Is Jiyeon noona okay? What did she say?"

I was trying to hold back my tears so hard but couldn't.

"Hyung, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"We broke up."

"What?!..."

I just walked in my room and closed the door behind me. I leaned back on the door and sobbed.

Is it really over? We really broke up?

I slid down and sat on the floor. I cried harder, burying my face in my arms.

I never imagined that something like this would happen. I don't know how would I live without her. I loved her so much...

To be continued...