Chapter 10 : Trauma

Jiyeon's POV

I sighed. "I have to stay here then."

"Hyung, I'm hungry," San said in pout.

"It's already dinner time. Let's make something to eat," Seonghwa said and stood up.

"I'll help," I said and stood up too.

"You're our guest. We can't let our guest work," Yunho said.

"Yeah. You sit here with the others... and Wooyoung, follow me," Seonghwa said.

"Nae~" Wooyoung stood up and went to the kitchen with Seonghwa.

"I've to work on the song," Hongjoong said and left.

Now Yunho, Yeosang, San, Mingi, Jongho were left with me.

"What should we do now?" Yunho asked.

"Should we play hide and seek?" San suggested.

"Sounds good," Yeosang said.

"What about you, noona?" Jongho asked.

"Sounds good for me too."

"Then let's get started," Mingi said.

We decided to do rock paper scissors to decide the tagger.

"But if I become the tagger, it wouldn't be fair coz it's your dorm and you know all the hiding places." I pouted.

"Then let's decide the tagger among us, excluding Jiyeon noona," Jongho said.

"Okay."

They all agreed and did rock paper scissors. And Mingi was chosen as the tagger.

"I'll come after counting to ten." Mingi closed his eyes and started counting back.

We all spread in the dorm. I saw San hiding under the couch. I quickly tried to find a nice place for me to hide.

Then I found out a room. It looked more like a store room. The door was slightly open so I quickly went in and closed the door slowly so that I don't make any noise. It was a small room. Just some dusty props laying here and there.

***

"Why is Mingi taking so long?" I waited there for twenty minutes already.

Then I thought I should go out. I turned the door knob to open the door but it didn't work.

"Why isn't it opening?" I tried again and again but it still didn't work. "What's up with this?"

I banged the door. "Mingi...San...Can someone hear me? Yunho..." I shouted. "Can you open the door. I'm not able to open it?"

Then suddenly there was a power outage along with a loud thunder.

"AHHH!..." I screamed.

***

Seonghwa's POV

"The food is ready. Call the others," I said to Wooyoung.

I was placing the cooked food on the plates when Mingi came and told me that he wasn't able to find Jiyeon anywhere.

"She must be hiding in one of the rooms," I said while keeping the pan aside.

"We searched in all the room but we couldn't find her," San said.

"Then where would she be?" I questioned. We all started to think of the possible places she could be hiding.

"There's still one place left," Yeosang said. "...the store room."

"No way..."

Then there was a sudden power cut off after a loud thunder.

"AHHH~" We heard someone's scream.

"It must be Jiyeon."

I ran to the room and tried to open the door. The door wasn't fixed till now.

"Jiyeon are you there? Jiyeon?" I started panicking. By the time Hongjoong also came with a torch.

"What should we do now?" Yunho asked.

"We don't have any other option but to break the door?" I said.

After struggling for some time we finally broke the door. I quickly went in and searched for Jiyeon. I saw her lying in a corner of the room. I ran to her.

"Jiyeon...Jiyeon..." I said lifting her head up and shaking her. "Jiyeon wake up...Jiyeon..."

I was panicking at the moment but after a few moments she finally opened her eyes. "Jiyeon..."

"Seonghwa..." She put her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. "I was so afraid." She started crying.

"Don't worry, I'm here. Don't cry," I said, hugging her and caressing her head while she kept sobbing.

The power was back now. "Let's get out of here first." I carried her, in bridal style, to my room while she still held me tightly.

I lay her down on the bed and cover her with the blanket. She still looked horrified by the incident. Her whole body was shivering.

I felt her forehead and realized that she was having high fever.

"Uh? You're having fever." I got up and was about to go when she stopped me by gently holding my wrist.

"Don't go..." she said almost in a whisper. I agreed to just stay by her side for the time being.

***

Soon she fell asleep. I slowly walked out of the room and closed the door.

"How is noona? Is she okay now?" Wooyoung asked.

"She's still horrified by that incident. She's having fever."

"We shouldn't have played that game. I suggested to play it. It's all my fault," San said, frowning.

"It's not your fault, San. This was going to happen anyway. Don't blame yourself for it."

"She'll be okay. Don't worry," Hongjoong said.

"You all can go to sleep. I'll stay with Jiyeon."

I filled a bowl with water, took a piece of cloth and went back to Jiyeon. I wrung out the excess water from the cloth and put it on her forehead.

"I hope this works."

To be continued...